The general cricket discussion thread

I mentioned it T20 cricket in this form of the game only batsmanthrash for every thing where as the risk in other form of cricket are very less........

In any type of cricket wicket keeper is always facing all the balls whether batsman is going to thrash or not. so risk involved is always same i.e.100%, any ball can hit wktkeeper. So you wear a best helmet be it for 120 balls or 5 days.

I totally agree with you and i am with you.........:thumbsup:But my friend i was talking about the umpires using those kind of helmets........

Why this thread?

So often, we have some random thought or point to make/discuss , and I personally sometimes skip it as I feel it is not worthy of a new thread & feel its unfair to hijack an existing thread...

Would recommend creating new thread for any big news & as usual we have threads for specific series/tournaments.. This is for something general random posts related to cricket...Kind of the Cricket Offtopic thread...

Will start with one post

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Misbah & Taibu seem to competing with each other for the prize of who can bat more defensively....

----------

After beating NZ in the 3rd ODI with a draing chase... Now Zimbabwe are on verge on possibly upsetting them in the Only Test...

116 needed in 34 Overs (Incl mandatory Overs) with the new ball just taken

From tomorrow India would start playing WI at home & Sachin would score his 100th century against them !

It was really bad on Asnodkar's part to go for draw when they had 19 overs to chase 130 runs with 9 wickets in hand. There is every possibility of suspicion for Match Fixing. It should be thoroughly probed by BCCI.

With two 50s in the last two innings, Ponting has earned a lifeline till maybe the India series - I think his performance there would determine if he would continue beyond...or not

Chris Martin .. Just out for Duck No.31 .... Pure legend... He surely deserves the crown (44 would be the record, going past another legend, Walsh who is on 43) . But due to age would probably be stuck by retiring soon. For me, he is the Bradman of ducks (Not the highest run maker - But one with a brilliant average)