The general cricket discussion thread

Interesting fact:At Perth in 1988–89 Merv Hughes completed a hat trick spread across three separate overs and two different days. He had Curtly Ambrose caught behind with the last ball of his 36th over, ended West Indies' first innings in his 37th, by removing Patrick Patterson and more than a day later completed his hat-trick by trapping Gordon Greenidge lbw with the first ball of West Indies' second innings.

And if u recall, (I KNOW ITS NOT CONSIDERED OFFICIAL), Yadav or Aaron completed a hat-trick spread over 2 matches .....last 2 wickets against England, and a wicket of the first ball he bowled in 1st ODI against WI.

I did not realize that. But I suspect that might be common than we think, right?

Actually i was following the scorecard for 1st ODI, and in the commentary, it was said that the bowler got a hat-trick over 2 matches. And yes he was Aaron.

Hahahaha!!

"Machaan, I genuinely didn't think there was a second Run in it..."

And i had forgotten that these kinda articles are mostly "FN" types. I recalled that after reading its last line! 😀

Scores like these come with such ease for these kids! So what if the standards arent of international level.....u still have to get those runs. Just imagine the level of concentration they wud b putting at that age. I found it tough even while playing gully cricket for a few hours.

Yesterday I read Brownlie saying NZ is happy with 150 & I thought he was kidding. Today I read Aus 136 all out :O

Australia v New Zealand, 2nd Test, Hobart, 1st day: We're quite happy with 150 - Dean Brownlie | Cricket News | Australia v New Zealand | ESPN Cricinfo

----------

Chris Martin .. Just out for Duck No.31 .... Pure legend...

He surely deserves the crown (44 would be the record, going past another legend, Walsh who is on 43) . But due to age would probably be stuck by retiring soon. For me, he is the Bradman of ducks (Not the highest run maker - But one with a brilliant average)

The legend continues.. No.32 yesterday

----------

Chris Martin has aged 37 today. Wonder how long he will last.

How times have changed - Ponting "walking" before even being given LBW. Never used to walk even after having given an edge.
But then, he knows he is playing so badly, I guess he felt he can never get away.

2nd Test Day 2 Lunch - YouTube

It is said that this game is the best leveler. This is the best example of that. At one point in time this guy had truckload of arrogance due to his form. And today, his form isnt with him......

Lolz, even i thought the same, when i was watching it live......they were showing it in slow-mo, albeit for wondering at the height this fellow cud jump, rather than noticing this thing!

LOL"If P Hughes is shaving tomorrow and gets a nick, M Guptill will appear from the medicine cabinet with a band-aid." -ABC radio commentator Kerry O'Keeffe, after Phillip Hughes is caught by Martin Guptill off Chris Martin for the fourth time in four innings