The Football Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter scorpio81
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,914

scorpio81

ISP
UCN
Okay, lets make this legit and organised...

Im gonna list the channels that show football, and detail which programmes/leagues they cover. Subscribers of DTH/CAS systems can add info on whether their providers broadcast those particular channels, including the location information (which is obviously important in the case of CAS subscribers).

Hopefully, this will give all of us football fans a better idea of what content we have on tv and where to find it...

One word of caution - Please do NOT post internet links from third party sources (like indiantelevision.com) as proof of programming content. Only post if you have already seen it on tv yourself, cos as we all know by now - we cant rely on the companies to provide us with quality and accurate information!

Lets start with the major players -

ESPN/Star Sports (EPL, La Liga, England friendlies & Qualifiers) -

Programming Highlights

- Weekly football-related shows at 7pm IST (football locker room, football forecast, football crazy, football focus, etc)

- Pre & post match shows including live premiership games on Sat and Sun with kick-off times as follows:
ESPN Saturday - 1710, 1925
Star Saturday - 1925, 2140
ESPN Sunday - 1755, 2025
Star Sunday - 1625
Midweek kickoffs (for eg, Monday night football) at midnight and 0025 on matchday. Channel details depend on number of midweek matches and teams playing.

- La Liga broadcast details will be updated when schedule is known. Matches on Saturday and Sunday, usually involving only top teams.

Please note - these are all the LIVE kickoff times ONLY. Delayed broadcasts and repeats of remaining matches are dotted around these over the weekend.

Ten Sports (SPL, Ligue 1, Serie A, Eredivisie, MANUTV, BARCATV) -

Programming Highlights

- Live League games over Saturday and Sunday. CLUBTV shows midweek

Zee Sports (SPL, Ligue 1, Liverpool TV, Chelsea TV, Euro2008 Qualifiers, Coca Cola Championship, Premier League Classics)-

Programming Highlights

- Saturday Live Ligue 1 2230 KO

- Sunday Live Ligue 1 2130 KO

- Live League games during weekends and maybe midweek. CLUBTV shows midweek.

Neo Sports Plus (Bundesliga - sniff, the one league I want to watch more than any other and the only channel I dont get) -

Programming Highlights

- Friendlies and EPL Classic matches during the week

- Live Bundesliga matches with kickoff times at
Friday 2330
Saturday 1830
Sunday 2000

This is good. Maybe there should be a seperate section for Football?

Anyone else notice how Ten & Zee's coverage is so sporadic? I think they need more than the 2 channels they have tbh. But regardless, it's pretty silly for them to show stuff when they feel like it, whilst not even running delayed games if there happens to be other live coverage that they are featuring at the time. Think we still need GOAL TV desperately, to be honest! It's hard to follow a league unless you get to watch it every week.

where can i know the timings of real madrid match timings?iam very much disappointed with champions league coverage by ten n zee sports n i hav stopped watching them altogether. they r showing only english clubs matches n i hate them. i wnt other countries clubs like real, bayern etc. coverage. earlier the coverage was good in espnstar (though they also were biased towards english clubs). i hope they get the rights back