MTNL (General) The fall and fall of MTNL

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 178
  • Views Views 29,502
yup.... but I saw you wrote that you had 60 years old connection, that is why... over the years they must have replaced your dialer type phone to push button type... and ultimately it would have been in your possession even if you were using your own instrument...

I surrendered my home landline 4-5years ago and had to return the phone in working condition.... and had to be submitted at SDO office and acknowledgement of that to be submitted at different office..... I think I had to visit 3-4 offices at different times to complete the process...

All that surrender of phone instruments, dialer type and push types, running piller to post was done by my father 15 years ago... I did the running around surrendering their modem and using my own adsl. And i finally completed the final Surrendering and final closure. My grandfather started it 65 years ago and I completed it. Somewhere on their portal mtnlmumbai.In you can see the activation date and I remember it was in year 1954 or something near that.

How I got rid of my landline connection
The broadband connection I got rid of a few years before. And absolutely no regrets though nostalgia does creep in sometimes only to get booted out quickly 🤣

Last edited:
Why is Pan or Aadhar needed to surrender landline and connection? I was going to go to do it today.

one guy on the forum claimed that airtel does offer porting of landline
I think that was me. Years ago, airtel did offer that service. Mostly likely discontinued now.

Even after surrendering the phone number and ftth modem 6 months back, today I got a new bill for the month of Nov 2021. Now I have to search for received document I tool from them as proof and go there and punch some faces.

Still exist and now merged with BSNL, unless they have major changes they'll cling to life because it's government but will never succeed.

Due to these guys, government banks have to suffer too.

Err... They had a lot of years to work hard, they just didn't care. Relying on their last bit off customer base left.