• Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,670

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Flipkart.com: The Case of the Man who Died Laughing 0099525240: Book: Tarquin Hall (9780099525240)

This was my first book reading in a long long time. Read it in one go. Took me around four hours with double the number of pee breaks 😕 (ongoing problem with freaking kidney).

Enjoyed it a lot. Might read another book from the same author featuring the same lead character. I recommend!

http://www.amazon.in/Case-Died-Laughing-Vish-Puri/dp/0099525240/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=indibroaforu-21&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=0099525240

I would like to know which of the other (older) fiction books you would recommend - For me to judge your taste in books & then think about going for it 😀

i have not read books in a long time now. i was mostly into novels by john grisham, sidney sheldon and the likes. when i was in school, it was mostly hardy boys (!). i do not really have a specific taste for books. i usually read the books recommended by some friends so i basically loaned the books from them to read.

last book i tried reading was Flipkart.com: A Short History of Nearly Everything 0552997048: Book: Bill Bryson (9780552997041) which i gave up midway because it was getting way too long to complete. 😕 but it was surely entertaining.

Ok.. John Grisham from you & the remark from Finiancial Times about "Indian Poirot" makes me convinced .. Let me see if I get a chance...

looks interesting. but out of money. bought ~10 books yesterday. will order it later.

I used to be an avid reader... Sadly, it is very less now...

I was an avid reader but then could not keep up with the habit as books became costly. Then came the Kindle. And pirated content. And am back to reading. I love reading, and hope Flipkart brings reasonably priced ebooks of Indian authors.

got the first two parts of the shiva trilogy by amish. i am not sure if it would amuse me as much as this one did 🙁

just finished reading them last week. I liked immortals of meluha more. they are decent, the story is very predictable but enjoyable nonetheless. got to learn some mythology too.

heh. i thought it was mostly fiction 😀 one of the books is the road side vendor version. i do not like the print and paper quality 🙁

Ok, read the book last week. Felt it was ok-ish. Felt it was a bit dragging as it wasted too much time describing the surroundings/people all the time. The side detective track of the mother also seemed a forced one. Another thing that looked forced was the attempt of the author to try and present an "Indian" perspective of looking at things all the time , for example, many a times I could feel a "XYZ does so, because in India its like this" kind of way of writing. I will give it a 2,at best 2.5 out of 5.To add more to the Indian perspective thing - It was, as if, he was trying to tell the Non-Indian reader all the time - He does this, but hey, dont be offended/surprised, this is normal in India.