"The Bandwidth Usage" Saga

• Thread starter Thread starter cimmind
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 5,077
For me, the sessions of 7th have got recorded in whole.

I am sidestepping from the main track of the thread, but a question just came to my mind..
If mtnl records and maintains the number of bytes flowing in & out of our computers through its service, does it also know (or maintain a record of) what constitutes those bytes... (no imputations please! :evil🙂

no usage calculated from 7th august morning.
Is any1 else facing the same problem or not.

I am from mumbai mtnl plan 849nu. (Maniklal exchange - Ghatkopar).

all my usages are counted to the very last byte 🙁

maybe mtnl should be informed about this thread and asked to trace the ip's of the users who claim to be spared of their usages , so that they can solve your problem 😀

maybe mtnl should be informed about this thread and asked to trace the ip's of the users who claim to be spared of their usages , so that they can solve your problem 😀

I am tired of ppl posting without going though the thread first.

Dear Mr. Sandeep,
1. Can you quote the relevant lines wherein any person on this thread has mentioned that he/her is cheating mtnl?
2. Uchit clearly mentioned that his session usage is not being recorded and he is regarding it to be a problem. He is worried about it, not happy Take the trouble of reading the thread and u will know why.
2. Could you be kind enough to explain the logic behind as to how would fowarding the ip's of other people solve his problem?
3. As for the suggestion of tracing ip's, i believe you would have made a great citizen of one of our great neighbours known for its love of democracy, or at the very least their ruling class would have been really proud of you!

If mtnl records and maintains the number of bytes flowing in & out of our computers through its service, does it also know (or maintain a record of) what constitutes those bytes... (no imputations please! :evil🙂

Yes it can be done by them, even hackers do the same. 😡Thats the reason data is encrypted before transmission 🙂

I am tired of ppl posting without going though the thread first.

Dear Mr. Sandeep,
1. Can you quote the relevant lines wherein any person on this thread has mentioned that he/her is cheating mtnl?

never said anyone is cheating 😗

2. Uchit clearly mentioned that his session usage is not being recorded and he is regarding it to be a problem. He is worried about it, not happy Take the trouble of reading the thread and u will know why.

Is it a problem ?
Yes if they r charging u more usage , then it is a problem 😡

2. Could you be kind enough to explain the logic behind as to how would fowarding the ip's of other people solve his problem?

that was a joke 🙂

3. As for the suggestion of tracing ip's, i believe you would have made a great citizen of one of our great neighbours known for its love of democracy, or at the very least their ruling class would have been really proud of you!

TYVM 😀

Lastly I beleive that this thread was unnecessary 😛

Lastly I beleive that this thread was unnecessary 😛

@ Sandeep
It's possible that you are not aware of the history behind this thread which if you look above is a offshoot of another which I started, because the usage details were not updated for many days, & then entries were sneaked in after the entries of 15-6-08. As you know this can be a big problem for large down loaders who can be caught unawares by backdated entries. This entire exercise is basically to share info and make aware others who could face large bills if they don't follow the usage details closely 🙂

@ Sandeep
It's possible that you are not aware of the history behind this thread which if you look above is a offshoot of another which I started, because the usage details were not updated for many days, & then entries were sneaked in after the entries of 15-6-08. As you know this can be a big problem for large down loaders who can be caught unawares by backdated entries. This entire exercise is basically to share info and make aware others who could face large bills if they don't follow the usage details closely 🙂

lol , more backdated entries could follow as a result of such thread :rofl:

lol , more backdated entries could follow as a result of such thread :rofl:

The thread started only after the backdated entries were made, not the other way around. If they have done it once they can do it again irrespective of this thread.

BTW http://register.mtnl.net.in/ is down from yesterday afternoon for me