The Address Proof deadlock and my woes

• Thread starter Thread starter muted_mess
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,327

muted_mess

ISP
Tata Photon Plus
Hi ,I am a disgruntled user of Tata Photon Plus which gives me a speed of (hold your breath)... 0.10 Mbps download after I moved to a different location (before that it was 0.30Mbps!!). After meeting their engineers, I lost hope of any increase in speed. And how much I spend for this per month ... 1655 Rs. I am letting the past rest in peace.Now, I plan to move to Airtel impatience plan. I got a call saying they'd revert after technical feasibility check in my location( in Chennai). Hopeful that they would come back positively.I am desperately looking to get out of the messy connection I have now. It gives me chills!.The problem is, I don't have any address proof with my current address on it. Though I have passport , licence, PAN all with other addresses on them. Please let me know of any other option. (Landlord's name ?.. no way) for giving them an address proof . I feel its like a deadlock. To get an address proof , we need an address proof.:ashamed: .

Give them the rental agreement or lease agreement

Thanks a lot for the reply. Sorry for asking, but does it have to be on a stamp paper or it would suffice to have it printed on a plain paper?

Even credit card companies accept office address and , check your
residential status ( own house or rented )
No proof was asked. ( in my case in Chennai )

BSNL may give L/L and BB connection in your name with the Landlord's permission.
( of course Landlord disowning payment liability !!!!!)

Check with Airtel CC . or send an email to 121@airtel.in

Check If any other ISP's junction box ( telephone ) is available .
Or
Apply for a Ration Card. for sugar/etc ( may take time )

A "NO Objection" certificate from Landlord will do.
( Presume no digging etc in the residence involved, in getting the connection )

You can submit the rent agreement on a non judicial stamp paper. If you don't have that, you can get it on a plain paper with the signature crossed on a revenue stamp.