• Thread starter Thread starter pupudada
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,653

pupudada

Regulars
ISP
Alliance
On BSNL's portal, where one goes to check his/her usage, there is an option 10M below the list (nearly at the bottom of the list where the `service records' are). Can anyone tell what is that for??

I guess that represents 10Megaits/sec...but thats not applicable from now

Hi,What is BOD test ,BOD test2 and BOD service in the BSNL Portal.it asks to activate.is this something useful?

Originally posted by Bluegene@Sep 20 2005, 08:29 PM
Hi,

What is BOD test ,BOD test2 and BOD service in the BSNL Portal.
it asks to activate.
is this something useful?
[snapback]25756[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not sure what `BSNL' means by the same. If it was any foreign ISP I would have safely said `Books on Demand' (serious)

Well it seems that the portal is still under construction..and will take a long time to get completed...neways...Thanx

BOD means Bandwidth on Demand ....... it is still under construction ..in BOD they have 256 to 2048 K option that mean u can choose the speed after the service is activated u just need to ReAuthenticate in Bsnl PPPOE server and u will see the increase in bandwidth ...

yea they will charge but ........last month in Aug i tried that VDO ON DEMAnD Service and it worked i got abt 200-220 KB on All P2P ......though they didnt charge me for that ..my Aug Bill is 650 Rs 🙂 and now that VDO on demand link is disabled ... 🙁

If they enable that system to their subscribers (BB subscribers), and offer the same from speeds ranging from 1MBPS to 10MBPS on a hourly basis, and keep it reasonably priced, they would have a very nice reception to the same.. they might end up earning a really good sum of money. Sadly, at the moment their tariffs are priced very foolishly. Overseas, the higher the spectrum one goes, the lower prices they have to pay comparatively.. but here it is just different. For example, here we pay Rs.500 for 256kbps.. the maximum that one should be charged for 1MBPS is Rs.2000 (even though that is extremely high by international standards, where one can get upto 5MBPS for the same amount.. unlimited), they are charging Rs.3,300/- 🙁Yes, they need to make profit, and they were making profits during the unlimited d/load period too.. the mentality of fleecing the client has to be removed from their mindset. Let them charge, say Rs.25 per hour for 1MBPS and Rs.40 per hour for 2MBPS (no free for these schemes) and they shall be overflooded with the demand.

Originally posted by pupudada@Sep 21 2005, 11:56 AM
Let them charge, say Rs.25 per hour for 1MBPS and Rs.40 per hour for 2MBPS (no free for these schemes) and they shall be overflooded with the demand.

Hmm not overflooded, their network will get choked. BSNL should learn to make money and plough it back to business providing better features and better services.

I think most of them would agree to pay for BoD service. May be their servers are not ready for the same or the billing software is not ready.