Testing, testing... 1-2-3: Testers wanted for Hayai Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 114
  • Views Views 34,271
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you get lettering which looks like Japanese characters? It should not be too intricate because the logo should look good in large sizes and also in very small sizes (think logos pasted on usb modems, pens, stickers etc)...

It's possible, although Hayai 早い or ハヤイ (or the root word Hayaku 早く) looks nothing like that in Japanese itself 🙂

Otherwise, do you mean using fonts like Foreign look > Chinese, Jpn fonts | dafont.com I think the "Japanese-ness" is not really relevent, just the speed and simplicity, right?

In other news, our office space is coming along nicely, and I expect to have me and ~10 others (including our first batch of CSRs) in our new (temporary) premises between Dadar and Prabhadevi in the last week of December.

I plan to move to a new (bigger) building in near Elphinstone Road/Parel station in October 2010 (when the building opens... it would be customized to our needs starting around April) - so... I am anticipating that my expansion goes as planned. Maybe in 5 years, we'll have an entire building (or building complex) to ourselves 😉

----------

I liked this logo: http://hayai.in/logos/3/hayai-6.jpg

I saw one logo which even had a hour-glass windows wait cursor! A service which proclaims itself to be fastest broadband service cannot have a wait cursor as a part of its logo.

That's what *I* said. It took me 30 minutes of arguing to explain why having an hourglass is not a good idea (and it was this logo that made me think that the designer doesn't get what we're about).

😀my friend here actually said the same thing about the hourglass. i thought that was an interesting point. sify broadband uses the bullet train image in their dialer. 😀 so contradictory.

well you could also try logotournament.comi think we are moving off topic in this thread as this is dedicated to discuss about the testing stage and well not about logos

Yup, Anyways, I think the logo should have a special character or an image which would be the face of hayai, Much like vodafone logo, or reliance's A. Facebooks f and I guess hathways @😗

yes i was thinking of a font like the bonzai one on dafont.com but i guess you're right in wanting to focus on the speed and simplicity... im no designed, so i hope you get a clean, simple logo which gives you the sense of speed without overtly showing you a speedometer or something like that 🙂

like sort of a slanted logo/lettering, or a lightning bolt symbol maybe... something like the honda bike logo, nike, reebok kinda swooshes/symbols...

perhaps a bird/animal (maybe cheetah eyes/cats eyes) as a logo...

a ship's sail?

personally i like "hayai" in japanese font with a simple lightning bolt logo - the kind you see on your laptop battery status display 🙂

see attached... (coming up in next post)...

----------

http://www.imgx.org/public/view/20314

^^ How about the "I" in hayaI as a lightening bolt, or maybe "Y", it'lll be like 2 bolts striking one spot, symbolizing power or speed 😛

I like the Y idea the best and having humans do it or something. I as a lightning bolt is not good at all. Doesn't go well with the customers.

I like the Y idea the best and having humans do it or something. I as a lightning bolt is not good at all. Doesn't go well with the customers.

Exactly - I expect my maid would associate a lightening bolt with being electrocuted. Not that I expect her to be buying internet services, but still.

hehe. i am somewhat worried about the name hayai. let's hope people dont start referring to it as haihai.

Yeah. Maybe something with the Usain Bolt signature winning move?

I somehow think that utilizing Usain Bolt's image would be more expensive and less relevant to the Indian market than hiring SRK or Ash Bachchan.

hehe. i am somewhat worried about the name hayai. let's hope people dont start referring to it as haihai.

Even though it's *relatively* simple to pronounce (ha-yai) people can call it what they want.

I have it in Hindi on my business cards if not for decoration, as a pronunciation guide हायाई 🙂

Maybe a tie-up with the fastest Indian or something? Or have some sort of competiton!

Maybe a tie-up with the fastest Indian or something? Or have some sort of competiton!

Isn't that a motorcycle thing?

Maybe we could stage a race: Send 8GB of data from Bandra to Vashi or... Nariman Point to Thane. Could even try with 16GB - Internet vs Motorcycle.

Or am I missing your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.