Testing, testing... 1-2-3: Testers wanted for Hayai Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 114
  • Views Views 34,264
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh well you can always show your speeds from international servers. on torrents and direct downloads. 😀

Considering we're peered directly with HNS (the hosts of the Mumbai speedtest.net server), and Airtel (speed.airtelbroadband.net), I have a feeling that the result would be skewed... BUT I will surely do so anyway, as I'll be the first tester 😉

So will all the Hayai users' speedtest.net result be skewed if they use HNS server?

if his network treats all the people on the same network as local peers, you might seriously see faster speeds from the same platform 😀

............ Fair Usage Policy Examples:
100GB (at 100Mbits) which slows down to 10Mbits at the end: 5499
100GB (at 100Mbits) which slows down to 5Mbits at the end: 3999
100GB (at 100Mbits) which slows down to 2Mbits at the end: 2999
100GB (at 100Mbits) which slows down to 1Mbits at the end: 1999

Again, these are examples, but hopefully illustrate what I'm trying to get through here.

I'm not sure, and it's not likely, but there MAY be an Fair Usage Policy on unlimited plans also BUT this would be sufficiently high, that they shouldn't affect about 99.5% of people (I'm talking in Terabytes now) - even the US and some European providers would have smaller FUPs on "unlimited" plans than we would 🙂

@Crazysah, where did you get the '2999 for 50GB limit and 4999 with 100GB limit' figures?

i thought the limits were 30GB and 50GB. maybe they increased the limits recently.

So will all the Hayai users' speedtest.net result be skewed if they use HNS server?

Potentially. I would prefer real-life speeds over speedtest - or at least speedtest to another server 🙂

if his network treats all the people on the same network as local peers, you might seriously see faster speeds from the same platform 😀

That's the whole idea. If I download something off someone on the same ISP, why shouldn't it come through at the speed of the line? It's not using any international bandwidth.

Back in NZ, when ADSL was first introduced, we could download at ~6Mbits from the ftp server provided by the ISP, but our plans were actually just 256k or whatever. This is what we plan to do (but we're increasing the scope to any node within our network).

Yeah 2999 for 50GB limit and 4999 with 100GB limit.

Aren't these Airtel's prices for 8 and 16Mbit services respectively? Ours are DEFINITELY priced less than that.

So mgcarley, how close are you to the actual launch? Are the package rates finalised? When will the website become functional?

So mgcarley, how close are you to the actual launch? Are the package rates finalised? When will the website become functional?

Scarily close. Testing starting this week. I can put some package prices in the Hayai pricing forum: I want to see the reaction first from the community and second from my suppliers and marketing blokes :O

I'm trying to get good graphics finished. Our new logo/images/marketing material/colour scheme is taking too long, and I'm not very happy with what they are giving me at the moment (I chose this firm because they do all the marketing for BPL/Loop and Jet Airways and others, so I thought I might get quality work).

^You could have held a competition for logo making contest for Hayai Broadband and award the winner a free connection for some finite period or something similar.That would have cost you much less than hiring a professional firm 😛!This is the trend followed by many private torrent sites. DOCOMO followed this trend too I guess.

^You could have held a competition for logo making contest for Hayai Broadband and award the winner a free connection for some finite period or something similar.
That would have cost you much less than hiring a professional firm 😛!

This is the trend followed by many private torrent sites. DOCOMO followed this trend too I guess.

So this is the part where I officially announce such a competition, ya? 😀

Yes. Do so and see the entries flood in. Promote it on twitter and fb and here and you will get over 50 applications in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.