• Thread starter Thread starter hitech0101
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,939

hitech0101

I got banned!
ISP
YOU
Should posts and threads made in the test forum be a part of 'recent posts' in the home page of the forum?

well they are recent posts aren't they? and no one really uses it. that post was made by me. i was just testing a user account which was giving the user some problems 🙂

Since they are not active threads and meant more for back end work thats why i mentioned it but still don't mind seeing them in recent posts also din't know you were the one posting :laugh: .
One more question do you access to user passwords or just as an admin you can post on behalf of the user.

I have two options. I get to click on a button that lets me login as the user temporarily to check for issues.I can of course also change the password and login and ask you to change it back when the problem is resolved.From what I understand, passwords are hashed and secured in the database. I do have access to the hashed passwords but decrypting them is supposed to be close to impossible. :This is why it is a good idea to use your social accounts or site specific passwords on web forums. I did not create this app so I have no control over its programming. IP.Board could have a bug that can leak out your information as well as mine any day.

Thanks for sharing all that stuff. Always was curious about how admins managed user accounts. thanks again.

to be fair i have no idea how i am supposed to manage user accounts.