Tesla Motors hoping to launch cars in India soon

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 3,153
The Model 3 is the most affordable electric car produced by Tesla, and has been a runaway success for the electric vehicle pioneer. In fact, the Model 3 was introduced as a volume bagger, meant to attract price conscious buyers to the Tesla fold. In India, the Model 3 is likely to command a price between 55-60 lakh rupees.

Kaafi affordable.

35000 dollars comes to around 25L so yeah. that's the minimum one can expect. you add 110% to the US price lol.

Even at 25L, it's out of reach for the majority of buyers. And can't expect our government to subsidise or make electric vehicles cheaper.

Maintenance and repairs. Talk about that. But I think people buying this car wouldn't mind shelling 25-40k for a side mirror.

I think its going to affect the premium segment cars above 20 lakhs, if the fuel prices are going like this , an electric car would be more economical in the long term also , plus the environmental factor is also there. Just my thought

jECqNBZ.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
"This year" in thread title is very misleading 😀
I am reading this thread in 2021, while it was created in 2017.
So how will we know exactly which year 🤔

At present, cars imported as completely built units (CBUs) attract customs duty ranging from 60 per cent to 100 per cent, depending on engine size and cost, insurance and freight (CIF) value less or above USD 40,000.

Also an import tariff of 110 per cent on vehicles with customs value above USD 40,000. There is also social welfare surcharge of 10 per cent on electric cars.