MTNL Mumbai Terrible line stats and frequent disconnections

• Thread starter Thread starter GameTanx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,056

GameTanx

ISP
Vortex Netsol
I got my new Triband connection activated on 11th August. But the line stats are awful and i face frequent disconnections.
The ADSL light keeps blinking and goes off after some time.
I stay far from MTNL exchange, around 5-6 Kms.
I'm on Xpress_UL 949 plan (2 Mbps)
My IP series is 182.59.xx.xx

Here are the line stats :
cjNgZFM.jpg

As i'm typing right now, it's disconnecting very frequently. The ADSL light blinks and goes off repeatedly, no stability.
Please suggest what i should do to get better connectivity.

Last edited:
call 1500 and register a complain

I called and complained on 198 for 4 times on different days.
For the first 3 times, the line just called and asked if internet was working. By the time i responded he cut the call.
Then i went to the local MTNL Exchange and talked to an official, following which the lineman finally came to my place.
I showed him the disconnections using the small program 'Internet Connectivity Monitor'.
He said he will talk to the Exchange guys.
The exchange official said the problem is because of the long distance between the exchange and my house.
Now i still face the disconnections but for some times, my internet works ok for an hour or two. I'm thriving on these times :-|
Playing online is a nightmare as it can disconnect any time.
What should i do to get good connectivity?

I called and complained on 198 for 4 times on different days.
For the first 3 times, the line just called and asked if internet was working. By the time i responded he cut the call.
Then i went to the local MTNL Exchange and talked to an official, following which the lineman finally came to my place.
I showed him the disconnections using the small program 'Internet Connectivity Monitor'.
He said he will talk to the Exchange guys.
The exchange official said the problem is because of the long distance between the exchange and my house.
Now i still face the disconnections but for some times, my internet works ok for an hour or two. I'm thriving on these times :-|
Playing online is a nightmare as it can disconnect any time.
What should i do to get good connectivity?
That's non sense, so if it a long distance then why do they even provide the connection in the first place? Complain again, do it for telephone line and not the internet, the internet guy only manages the server, for any physical issue such as line disconnection or noise, complain about the telephone line on 198

well... if your line has no noise and since you are on same port as me 182.59.x.x...... then only question remains is about the distance.... tell the linesman to check line once again and change your DP at your closest junction on the road.....

You can ask around your neighborhood about their MTNL connections....... check their sessions..... check their line stats..... sometimes if possible using your router & splitter if they allow it......

You should also start looking for other ISP's in the area...... CableNet if possible....

MTNL probably has the best gaming pings...... but no use if ADSL is unstable......