Telnet To Quidway Wa1003a

simon.george

ISP
BSNL Dataone (Home 1350 UL+)
Hi All, I am using the BSNL Dataone Home 900 UL Plus connection with Quidway WA1003A router. Router ip address is 192.168.1.1 and I am able to get in to the web configuration page of modem. Is it possible to configure the modem using telnet (in the documentation of the product its written telnet is possible) when I tried to do telnet 192.168.1.1 it showing the prompt as "busy box login" and its asking for the user name and password its not authenticating by my router username and password. Any help is appreciated.RegardsSimon

^ I am not responding to your query at present .I am curious to know why you need a telnetcontrol for your modem ... how it it useful in getting better speeds ...

QUOTE(seshu @ Aug 23 2006, 06:59 PM) [snapback]59669[/snapback]
^ I am not responding to your query at present .
I am curious to know why you need a telnet
control for your modem ... how it it useful in
getting better speeds ...
[/b]

I am doing CCNA so it would be better if i can do telnet interface configuration on the device morove the increasing speed is not related with this

if you are unable to telnet into your modem then most probably a firewall / antivirus is blocking it . so disable firewall / antivirusand try for it . And pls respond back here after your trial .

QUOTE(seshu @ Aug 23 2006, 09:20 PM) [snapback]59688[/snapback]
if you are unable to telnet into your modem
then most probably a firewall / antivirus is
blocking it . so disable firewall / antivirus
and try for it . And pls respond back here
after your trial .
[/b]

Are you talking about the software firewall like symantec,if it is i dont use any of them.But inside router i do see a firewall and it is on..

windows XP has a built in firewall . check it .And did you try username : root ; password : admin ?(change password if you have changed it)

QUOTE(seshu @ Aug 24 2006, 05:44 AM) [snapback]59735[/snapback]
windows XP has a built in firewall . check it .

And did you try username : root ; password : admin ?
(change password if you have changed it)
[/b]

Xp filewall is off but i havent tried the user name root and password admin

I tried u name-admin and password admin i will try and let you know

QUOTE(Simon George Mandy @ Aug 23 2006, 06:23 PM) [snapback]59660[/snapback]
I am using the BSNL Dataone Home 900 UL Plus connection with Quidway WA1003A router. Router ip address is 192.168.1.1 and I am able to get in to the web configuration page of modem. Is it possible to configure the modem using telnet ...
[/b]

This is very interesting. I wanted to try the same thing. Moreover, my eventual objective is to try to examine the modem configuration remotely (from the WAN side), if possible. Some routers that I have used (USR, D-Link, etc.) have an option of 'remote management'. With this one can logon to the router from a public IP address to a particular port of the router. If telnet is possible on quidway WA1003a, then it may be faster than a web interface given the slow upload speed of the dataone connection that we have.

Would you great if you could continue to post your progress in this matter.

QUOTE(bsnluser @ Aug 24 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]59821[/snapback]
This is very interesting. I wanted to try the same thing. Moreover, my eventual objective is to try to examine the modem configuration remotely (from the WAN side), if possible. Some routers that I have used (USR, D-Link, etc.) have an option of 'remote management'. With this one can logon to the router from a public IP address to a particular port of the router. If telnet is possible on quidway WA1003a, then it may be faster than a web interface given the slow upload speed of the dataone connection that we have.

[/b]

Remote management and telnet is possible its clearly mentioned in the specifications but you should have public ip if want to do Remote management .

QUOTE(bsnluser @ Aug 24 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]59821[/snapback]
This is very interesting. I wanted to try the same thing. Moreover, my eventual objective is to try to examine the modem configuration remotely (from the WAN side), if possible. Some routers that I have used (USR, dlink, etc.) have an option of 'remote management'. With this one can logon to the router from a public IP address to a particular port of the router. If telnet is possible on quidway WA1003a, then it may be faster than a web interface given the slow upload speed of the dataone connection that we have.

[/b]

both are possible as per the official documentaion

see this http://www.huawei.ru/files/documentation/7...et%20wa1003a%22

page number 8

QUOTE(Simon George Mandy @ Aug 24 2006, 05:43 PM) [snapback]59799[/snapback]
Xp filewall is off but i havent tried the user name root and password admin

I tried u name-admin and password admin i will try and let you know
[/b]

Hi I am able to login with root and admin i have some doubts please see the images

This is the result when i do a telnet to (192.168.1.1 my router ip)
seeing the images are you people really thinking i am inside the router...

The same results will come if telnet to my public ip also ( i got my public ip thru the site www.whatismyip.com)

QUOTE(Simon George Mandy @ Aug 25 2006, 04:11 AM) [snapback]59876[/snapback]
Hi I am able to login with root and admin i have some doubts please see the images
The same results will come if telnet to my public ip also ( i got my public ip thru the site www.whatismyip.com)
[/b]

I am sorry, but does your image say something like "Remote linking forbidden"? If not, then there is a problem with your linked image.

Also, an easy way to always know your IP is by using a free dynamic DNS service. I use www.no-ip.org. It is free and you can choose a domain name of your choice (it will be a subdomain of no-ip.org or zapto.org or some other as choices given by no-ip). For example, you can choose your domain name to be sgmandy.no-ip.org. You would need to install a small daemon on your computer (available for both Linux and Windows) which will keep updating your IP address assaciated with your domain at regular intervals or at boot times. So you just connect to sgmandy.no-ip.org instead of having to know your IP address.

regards.

^ @bsnluser , pls see this Link for the images and analyze ...

< url edited to make it not clickable . pls copy & paste >
Code:
http://sim.gq.nu/images/Combined.JPG

QUOTE(seshu @ Aug 25 2006, 08:08 AM) [snapback]59894[/snapback]
^ @bsnluser , pls see this Link for the images and analyze ...
[/b]

I don't know if its me or the way you guys have linked the image, but by clicking on the above link I get an image (text message really) that says 'remote linking is forbidden. File server does not support remote linking for files or image for FREE account. Please upgrade your account'.

Am I missing something here?

^ sorry friend , pls copy & paste the Link in your browser ...
Code:

QUOTE(bsnluser @ Aug 25 2006, 07:27 AM) [snapback]59890[/snapback]
I am sorry, but does your image say something like \"Remote linking forbidden\"? If not, then there is a problem with your linked image.

Also, an easy way to always know your IP is by using a free dynamic DNS service. I use www.no-ip.org. It is free and you can choose a domain name of your choice (it will be a subdomain of no-ip.org or zapto.org or some other as choices given by no-ip). For example, you can choose your domain name to be sgmandy.no-ip.org. You would need to install a small daemon on your computer (available for both Linux and Windows) which will keep updating your IP address assaciated with your domain at regular intervals or at boot times. So you just connect to sgmandy.no-ip.org instead of having to know your IP address.

regards.
[/b]

Hi

i am sorry about the image they dont suport inserting image i will paste the url just copy and pasein your browser (please dont click on it)

Regards
SImon