• Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,919

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Where can I find telephone wiring in the market? Electronics store? Computer store? What about connectors? Is there a switch like thing available in the local market that can remove the need to join the wire manually using tape creating possible problem spots? I plan to get my Reliance connection moved myself with help of an electricity guy tomorrow. So planning to buy all possible things that might be needed.

ping @x720 😛

Awesome 😀

Can you post a picture of rcom pair box in your house/on the wall?

Also, what do you want to shift? Entire pair box or attach a long wire to pair box and bring it to second floor?

The box is on the other side of the road to my house. The Reliance box installed on the outside wall of my house is dead so the guy dragged the cable from the box on the other side of the road, hung it on a tree besides my house from where it comes to the basement through a window.

I plan to attach a telephone cable to the cable coming to the basement (from near the tree) and take it to the room on the second floor. I think I would need to extend it by around 10-15 meters.

The electricity guy said that he would take the cable and attach it to a crabtree telephone box which would give me a port from where I can attach the splitter. So there would be only one joint in the entire wiring. As you can see in the image... Reliance cable is attached to the telephone cable that goes to splitter which goes to the modem.

752dW7I.jpg

I have asked around and I can get the telephone cable at electrical shops in sadar bazaar. Would go there in the evening. Just curious if I can buy a small switch like device that can prevent manual joint of the cables 😛

Right. Take the cable coming over the tree directly to the room, and terminate it into that crabtree box. I don't think you'll need extra cabling then?

basement area is in the front of the house. Second floor is at the back of the house. Bought 40 meters telephone cable. God knows why.

Just 2 minutes after I paid for the cable, the Reliance linesman FINALLY called me up and said he would come after 10am tomorrow.

Let's see if he does... Otherwise I would try to get it manually shifted with help from the electricity guys who have to come to my place in either case to shift the Emerson UPS. Just imagine... Emerson people asked for Rs. 3000 for shifting the UPS :\