Telephon is noisy while using Broadband

ISP
DataOne
My telephone is too noisy if broadband is being used. I am not able to make phone calls. If I dial, the modem will restart. Recently shifted the phone connection to another area of Bangalore. Earlier place, there was no such problem. This time I didnt pay any bribe to BSNL guys for shifting. Guess that y this extra facility...free noise..

Nope,if the noise is only when you use the broadband,then your dsl splitter is to blame.The splitters provided by BSNL are horrible and unreliable.Get yourself a new one,proper dsl splitters cost about Rs 80-130...the cheap ones however cost about Rs 20-40...Also make sure that all telephone devices are connected after the dsl splitter ..no tap in the telephone line before the splitter.

I have two line with BB connection. One line has a parrellel connection before the splitter and on this line I face disconnection problem whenever the phone at the parallel site is picked up.Will using a splitter at the parallel site solve the prob. I do have a spare splitter. Will try out asap.

.Presumed the DC Surge ON /OFF/when the handset is lifted( 40 to 60 DC present in the telephone line ) affects the modem input.

its always best to ensure that all your telephones come after the splitter..this would remove the noise in telephones and would reduce disconnections in broadband

A simple RC dsl splitter will never solve the problem,they cause the problem,and I am telling you this coz I faced the same problem,POTS dsl splitters are expensive but they give awesome stable connectivity with no noise in the phone, ucan distinguish them from bsnl provided dplitters coz htey are a bit heavier.

Adding a splitter to my parallel line solved the noise and disconnection problem.It is working fine for 6 hrs now.Thanx essbebe