Telegram Updates

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
BXeiSG8.webp

They promise to provide a secure instant messaging platform.

Last edited:
From the screenshots, it looks like a Whatsapp clone :smile:

This one is focused on encrypted conversations. Private keys are generated at client end which means the data is decrypted only on the client's end. It is also fully open source. Good option for privacy fanatics. You cannot trust Google Hangouts or WhatsApp or Apple iMessage or other services for the same.
--
Name is quite funny though. Telegram offered no privacy from what I understand. 😀
Though of course, if you send encrypted messages using real world telegrams, it would be something similar... It is all out in the open but you cannot decrypt it without the private keys!

Sounds too much of an overkill for majority of users. After all I am not discussing my company share prices or M&A plans over whatsapp or iMessage

Well. Not all apps are targeted at mass audience. Though it does not hurt to use a solution that does offer privacy... You might never know who is listening to your talks. There might be casual references to law breaking or whatever. There are people who want these services and not because they are involved in illegal activities or discuss critical things online... That's why they are called privacy fanatics.Of course, this app still require actual servers which means that it is still not a perfect solution. A perfect private instant message service would offer full encryption support in addition to p2p powered transmission so that it cannot be shut down by disconnecting central servers powering the backend.

Agree mate but I feel that the huge number of choice ( Whatsapp , viber , We Chat , VTok, FB messenger --- so on and so forth) is confusing things and dividing user base. In my opinion one real universal app should be there and to my knowledge Whatsapp and FB messenger fill that requirement

Not really. WhatsApp has too many security related issues. And Facebook has massive privacy issues. I had rather have an open source platform not owned by a private company as a standardized solution. I personally stick with Hangouts because you are going to have it on your Android phone whether you want it or not. Also because I trust Google more than WhatsApp, Facebook or any other company.Also... WhatsApp does not have a desktop component. Facebook Messenger I believe is not on as many platforms as WhatsApp is. Both the platforms are proprietary and does not allow third party apps to connect to them. Which alone is a pretty bad idea to use them in the first place.

Google hangout is also a good option but whatsapp is more user friendly when I have to converse with my parents and other elders.Alas if there was one single messenger with all the features

hehe. i think it is good to have options. a single company should not dominate the market. sure it becomes a mess because no one wants to install multiple messengers to communicate with different friends.

Installed it today. The good thing, you can login with multiple devices (I used my nexus 7 tab). Bad thing - looks too much like whatsapp