Telegram Updates

based on reddit posts they do have different pricing in different countries. but it's mostly USD-Euro thingy. it seems like they are not doing localized pricing based on purchasing capacity of different markets at the moment.

Rs. 469 actually makes it expensive than what they are charging in USD (Rs. 389) as it crosses USD 6 at current conversion rates. Taiwan is cheaper at TWD 160 (Rs. 419). european pricing is slightly higher at around Rs. 490.

That's really expensive. Doubt most people would pay more than 99 a month for it, and that's also being generous.

well yeah. the paid plans seem to be focused on heavy users of the service who are well using their platform for things their terms of usage does not allow lol. the other potential customer base are users in developed markets who are big fans of the service.

Can someone tell me the pricing in the Google app store, if available? It may be different. There's no way I am paying this sum...prefer to remain at the free tier. Simply too expensive for what it offers IMO.

they do not seem to have rolled it out on android at the moment. the blog post even though is out for hours is still not actually visible on their blog's homepage. their social accounts have not announced this release. i imagine the pricing would be same on all platforms. on desktop they would likely offer a third party payment processor like stripe? not sure how auto payments would work in india lol.

I use telegram for storage and find it pretty useful. Pretty much unlimited. Prefer it over google drive. If they come up with some discounted annual plans(even if pricier than google)dont mind paying up

This is what I see on Telegram (IOS). Go to Settings and it's there.

TwltEDE.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they will introduce a file explorer.

Not getting any option to upgrade here.
I know That'll be just perfect! Obviously cant match a full fledged cloud storage but would be a nifty addition. I just add a
small description/ keyword while uploading a file and then use search to find it later.gotten used to it now and find it very convenient

everything has 18% gst lol. office 365 (costs around 800 bucks per user per year). netflix costs 650/month. disney+ costs 125/month. same for Amazon prime. youtube premium costs 129/month. the pricing makes no sense if you just look at what they are offering.

but yeah it does explain the premium over american pricing. so that's that. assuming taxes are not additional based on user's location like it is for retail purchases.

@Samuel yes go to Telegram Settings and scroll down a bit.