Telecom regulator plans to implement caller id feature to curb spam calls issues

• Thread starter Thread starter minuteman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 6,725

minuteman

I Eat Internet
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber
BSNL FTTH
Airtel 4g
Jio 4g
This is going to solve nothing.

^^ Trademark of anything cert-in, uidai et all ever come up with.

heh. reddit just made me realize that this is incredibly stupid. not everyone has the sim card in their own names. my name is on sims used by parents. so they would need to do a kyc for individual sims to get it to work if they ever get Apple and google to cooperate with this.

Terrible idea. Why should someone be forced to give out their name just to call someone.

I think they'd implement it in such a way that you'd get the name of the caller and callee simultaneously. Say I dial an outgoing number and the phone fetches the name of the called person, if it's a number not in my contacts list.

And forcing Google or Apple isn't hard really. They've done it before and they'll easily do it again. It's a country specific feature and not universal.

Rather they could make it mandatory for call centres and businesses to do KYC and add a caller ID on their numbers and also put some mechanism in place to identify bulk callers and put a cap on their usage until they register themselves as businesses.

They don’t really want to solve this problem.

Reactions: SVK
The best option is using Truecaller as primary calling app on android phones. You can block all known spammers.

I’m not somebody who cusses, but one morning, I was driving from Delhi to Gurgaon and a sales agent wouldn’t understand that I’m not interested in a new CC. His rebuttals and objection handling got so terrible, he summoned the Delhiite in me which I didn’t know existed.

Hide Reaction GIF by flor