Telecom regulator plans to implement caller id feature to curb spam calls issues

• Thread starter minuteman
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 1,343
Navjot Singh

Navjot Singh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Airtel
This is going to solve nothing.

I

ishanjain28

ISP
Precious Netcom 100mbps x2 & Airtel LTE Failover
^^ Trademark of anything cert-in, uidai et all ever come up with.

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
heh. reddit just made me realize that this is incredibly stupid. not everyone has the sim card in their own names. my name is on sims used by parents. so they would need to do a kyc for individual sims to get it to work if they ever get Apple and google to cooperate with this.

manu1991

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
ISP
Hyperoptic
Terrible idea. Why should someone be forced to give out their name just to call someone.

P

pillaicha

ISP
Airtel | Jio | V! | BSNL
I think they'd implement it in such a way that you'd get the name of the caller and callee simultaneously. Say I dial an outgoing number and the phone fetches the name of the called person, if it's a number not in my contacts list.

And forcing Google or Apple isn't hard really. They've done it before and they'll easily do it again. It's a country specific feature and not universal.

Samuel

Samuel

ISP
Local ISP
Rather they could make it mandatory for call centres and businesses to do KYC and add a caller ID on their numbers and also put some mechanism in place to identify bulk callers and put a cap on their usage until they register themselves as businesses.

They don’t really want to solve this problem.

Yatch

Yatch

ISP
Microscan, JioFiber
The best option is using Truecaller as primary calling app on android phones. You can block all known spammers.

Samuel

Samuel

ISP
Local ISP
I’m not somebody who cusses, but one morning, I was driving from Delhi to Gurgaon and a sales agent wouldn’t understand that I’m not interested in a new CC. His rebuttals and objection handling got so terrible, he summoned the Delhiite in me which I didn’t know existed.

Hide Reaction GIF by flor

SVK

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
ISP
Airtel 4G