Telecom quandry for an entrepreneur

• Thread starter Thread starter battlestar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,866

battlestar

ISP
Mtnl
Hi,I am about to launch a website in which we offer various sort of deals on products. We wanted to have a feature where we can message our subscribers the daily deal on their mobile. Since we need to ask for their mobile number on the registration form, I wanted to ask whether we can message them if they are on the DND list? Also how can I find out if they are on the DND list.The other day I enabled facebook mobile and even though I am on the DND list I was able to receive messages from them. Is it a legal practice or an illegal one?Any help is much appreciated.

battle star before going into legality imagine this, some website is opening up you go tyhere fill up the info and have ur cell on DND list how annoyed you will be if you recive a ANNOYING DEAL ( no matter how great it is) on ur cell phone. Just think as consumer first

It's not annoying because we will be asking for consent from the user before sending him the message, only if he decides to opt for deals on messages will this happen. Consumers who don't opt for it won't receive it. I think you will agree there is nothing sinister about it.