Telecom Operators Cap The Daily SMS Limit to 5 SMS/day !!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 9,109

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
i don't know why people fight with each other, why can't they live in peace and harmony.:sad:

I kinda like this 'restriction'. Even if indirectly, this does put a brake on spam SMS.

Telecom Operators Cap The Daily SMS Limit to 5 SMS/day !! No More than 5 SMS Per day for the next 15 days 🙁

Just now received an sms in my mobile,

Dear Customer, as per DOT guideline, you are not allowed to send more than 5 SMS per day for the next 15days w.e.f 18th August

Now what the hell is this?? :cursing:

While searching the internet I came to know that this shit is true

Source : http://techapple.net/tag/dot-bans-more-than-5-sms/

actually this is a directive from the government. related to communal violence in south india. originally, media reported that it was five sms in one go. turns out it was 5 sms per day.

i do not send 5 sms in a month 😀 i hope this is not applicable on texts sent to 1909. 😀

@gadgetcrazy It's implemented.Got msg from airtel stating so not sure about other operators.I've quit using my mobile for messaging so ain't much of a bother to me.

I send around 10 SMS in a month, so it is not bothering me that much.People are moving towards whatsapp and google talk, so that's a good thing at least.

this is retarded shit man. i finished my quota of 5 by 12.10 am lolz the minute i got a new quota. this is complete ridiculous. those who want to spread rumours will find a different way. today they did this in the name of communal harmony. tomm they will do it when some1 says sumthin against the govt. this is moving towards dictatorship.

Its always the same case the telecom operator interprets the guidelines to make the more profit.Earlier the madras high court order to prevent piracy isps blocked whole domain which was not the actual interpretation

What happens if you try sending more? I sent 15 messages to myself and received all. let me give another try.Edit - sent 8 in a row. No problems.