Tele Marketer Abusing . What to do ?

• Thread starter Thread starter gaurang08
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 7,180
Well.. Unless you dont get into a fight, I dont see the person abusing. He is the one calling me again & again. He knows now its a no go. Still if he wants to waste my time, I am quite capable of dragging it into a long conversation without any abuse.

In this case, I would have pleasantly said I refused 2-3 times because I knew I was unlikely to get it, but since you insisted I thought of asking 😀

I think you haven't faced someone like I have.......... Normally I say not interested straight away, but once or twice when I was unable to understand who was on the line or what the person was saying I sort of said something like I was interested (unintentionally) and that lady got annoyed (can you believe it) and said to me " 1st you say you're keen to know and now you say no...... What's this"

Lol😀 and I lost my temper...... Just don't ask 😛

Divert all incoming calls to your mobile no and record his calls .

lol, that's what came to my mind after reading the first post, I actually had a call recorder installed by default when something of a similar incident happened to me, a guy from Tata Docomo called me up to take their connection, I promptly disconnected the call, next thing i hear is he calls me back and starts telling me stuffs like don't you have any manners etc etc? I reply back telling him that first of all my mobile number is in DND and your call is an unsolicited commercial communication and you dare speak like this to me? a few more seconds into the conversation and I knew this guy is not to be reasoned with, so i disconnect the call, got the Nodal officers number off the internet and gave a call to them, after 5 mins i get a call back from the person apologising to me repeatedly over and over again no matter what i tell him! Anyway I disconnected him again after a few seconds and hearing his 'sorry's for about the umpteenth time.

Well actually Vodafone CC said me this for https://broadband.forum/national-customer-call-preference-registry/77668-calls-hdfc-agents-personal-loans.html
They also told me to install app which could block specific number (which I was already doing). But since your is landline, even that may not help.

BTW even HDFC said that numbers which I mentioned are not their, and they are not sure which agents are calling me from these numbers as they have not authorised anybody to make marketing calls. They also suggested me to file police complaint for these numbers. But I dont have that much time to follow up with police, and beside what to tell police? that some unknown girls are calling me for Personal loans and Credit Cards.

Yeah I am getting calls from some mobile numbers where the callers are girls asking me to opt for HDFC credit card, I am frustrated with them, it's almost like 2 every week, sometimes back to back 5 days in a month. I have tried politely declining, then shouted hoarse, then tried to reason with them, even asked to transfer the line to their seniors, no luck, i still get the calls though, as soon as I know it's from HDFC I simply disconnect. These events have led me to despise the HDFC brand, and not sure if anyone is doing it to intentionally disrepute the brand, but it that is the case then HDFC should be taking some action to save it's brand image, and since they are not doing that I am going to keep despising them.

I think above examples will help gaurang and many of us a lot to deal with such calls.