Tele Marketer Abusing . What to do ?

• Thread starter Thread starter gaurang08
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 7,184
Well - Will not suggest doing it here. But, once we were getting blank calls - with someone just laughing coarsely occasionally. I closed up all windows/doors.. setup my tape recorder in full volume for a second... and then pressed pause.. Next time the call came, I picked and made sure it was the same person.. then took the phone next to the speaker and released the pause... for five seconds... Never received a call again... P.S. I was a teenage kid. Would not do it now... Who knows what can happen to the guy at the other end.

wow!! that was innovative 😊

@ Sabir bhai.. Lol you are amazing.. I must say aap bahut saitan rahe hoge bachpan me.. @topic: I am amazed that guy is using office number without any fear!

Well - Will not suggest doing it here. But, once we were getting blank calls - with someone just laughing coarsely occasionally. I closed up all windows/doors.. setup my tape recorder in full volume for a second... and then pressed pause.. Next time the call came, I picked and made sure it was the same person.. then took the phone next to the speaker and released the pause... for five seconds...

Never received a call again...

P.S. I was a teenage kid. Would not do it now... Who knows what can happen to the guy at the other end.

its my understanding that there is a limit of sound input and output that cannot be breached, is it enough to make someone deaf, not sure😛eaceful:

I was more worried, if someone will get a heart attack or something.. Or any accident that might result in someone's harm.

ya, Its now a different scenario. I think he opted the better way to teach them a lesson.

police is usually useless in such cases. It is obviously a call center. It will take time for the cops to act.Instead call your operator up and report this guy first.

Hi i called mtnl they said they cant do anything .. surprise surprise i recieved the call 3 more times till 4.30pm .. my blood pressure was rising in anger so my mom picked the phone up after that and no call since 4.30pm till now .. i told the guy i have complained to the cops . he was singing and saying okkkk .. this guy is really something else .. never faced such a tele marketing pest in 31 yrs of my life ... if he starts again tommorrow which i feel he will then i will have to approach the cops .. real waste of time this .. my blood pressure has actually shot up since 3.30pm since these calls started now im just trying to relax ...

i got some spam call from some stock broker agency. just said not interested. cut the call. reported the call through the spam app. does not really help a lot. but just saying no firmly usually works. of course they would not magically remove your number from their database so that's another story.