Technicians coming to Upgrade Cable/LNB/Dish alignment?

• Thread starter Thread starter kumararvind
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 6,001

kumararvind

TS + HD
ISP
Airtel
People have started getting phone calls regarding technicians coming to visit them to upgrade something as they are claiming there is new hd channels coming up and they are increasing bandwidth. Any ideas anybody? I live in a MDU so they will not come to my place probably, but my friends have got these calls.Anyone else got these calls yet?

Finally some hope for new HD channels.

I just received this update.... The technician came and removed the splitter from the hd+ box... and put a separate wire from the dish to the box.... I am surprised why they had left the splitter in the firat place. The splitter was required in the initial installation of the hd+ boz and then was removed at the same time in my case.... Still the guy claims this is being done as the bandwidth is increasing soon. Lets hope something increases

I thought the 2nd wire is to pass the signal to the recorder so you can watch a program and record another in parallel. More than happy to get additional channels as well!

Guys which company?Local Cable operator?

Same here, tech guy came to remove the splitter and informed few changes can be expected soon.

This is due to the SAT which is gonna be launched G SAT 10 which will have Vertical Polarisation. With V polarity we can record the content using splitters hence twin cables are being replaced FREE of cost.

They will contact those who have splitters installed.

I have splitter installed but havent received any call yet ...

I still can't undersand, what will they do for people living in MDU's. We have have only one cable coming to each room from the central hub. They currently use a 4 way splitter to give feed to my TS HD+ and TS HD in separate rooms from the same incoming cable. How will they do the new wiring in the MDU scenario??

I have splitter installed but havent received any call yet ...

Even I have not recvd the call yet, they are doing it phase wise

----------

I still can't undersand, what will they do for people living in MDU's. We have have only one cable coming to each room from the central hub. They currently use a 4 way splitter to give feed to my TS HD+ and TS HD in separate rooms from the same incoming cable. How will they do the new wiring in the MDU scenario??

That's some taking for them, donno what they will do.

Please can someone explain the change in wiring using simple language or less technical lingo? I'm still unable to comprehend the reason for these changes. Thanks in advance!

TS+HD has two inputs for the wires to come from the dish. This is because there are two tuners built in. One shows you the current programme you are watching whereas the other records some other program in the background. You can also record two programs while watching a 3rd program from the ones save on your dish. Now in some cases, TS Engineers had used a splitter to connect both the inputs at the STB end, This was no problem till all the TP's were horizontal, but with the introduction of vertical polarity this becomes a problem because your LNB(The thing which receives the signal from the dish) need to tune separately for the two polarities. So now the Technicians will visit such homes and install a separate wire directly from the LNB to the STB (The lnb being a 4 port one if not they will change the LNB too). They will the remove the splitter and take it with them.