Technicians coming to Upgrade Cable/LNB/Dish alignment?

kumararvind

TS + HD
Regulars
People have started getting phone calls regarding technicians coming to visit them to upgrade something as they are claiming there is new hd channels coming up and they are increasing bandwidth. Any ideas anybody? I live in a MDU so they will not come to my place probably, but my friends have got these calls.Anyone else got these calls yet?

kumararvind

TS + HD
Regulars
I just received this update.... The technician came and removed the splitter from the hd+ box... and put a separate wire from the dish to the box.... I am surprised why they had left the splitter in the firat place. The splitter was required in the initial installation of the hd+ boz and then was removed at the same time in my case.... Still the guy claims this is being done as the bandwidth is increasing soon. Lets hope something increases

shr

Regulars
I thought the 2nd wire is to pass the signal to the recorder so you can watch a program and record another in parallel. More than happy to get additional channels as well!

acc1444

Regular
Regulars
Guys which company?Local Cable operator?

Jignesh

Regulars
Regulars
This is due to the SAT which is gonna be launched G SAT 10 which will have Vertical Polarisation. With V polarity we can record the content using splitters hence twin cables are being replaced FREE of cost.