• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,593
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

warthog

TDSAT notice to TataSky and TRAI over DTH operators

Broadcast tribunal TDSAT has issued notices to DTH operator Tata Sky and sectoral regulator TRAI on a petition from a consumer organization alleging “illegal, unauthorized and malafide” removal of Star Sport Channels and Ten Sports by the former from its basic packages.

However, it was done by the company by removing prime channels such as Star Sports, ESPN, Star Cricket, Ten Sports, BBC World, BBC Entertainment and BBC Celebrity channels.
These channels were put on add-on packages and customers were asked to pay extra money for viewing these channels.
“The above mode has been adopted by the TataSky knowing fully well that most of the customers would choose to subscribe to these channels and therefore, the reduction is totally illusory whereas the increase in subscription rate is a certainty,” the organisation submitted through a petition filed by advocate Navin Chawla.

GOOD.Now all we need is for some consumer agency to file a case agaisnt isps for bandwidth throttling and FUP

This is the way u shud challenge the companies with their non sense fair usage policy!hats off to that Guy who took them to the consumer court, ppl who write in IBF should do something like that Instead of crying here!

The news item was posted on Sun, Aug 3 2008. 12:41 PM IST

yeah so??? I checked and posted here .. We can't take the looters to consumer court??

But someone let me know, what was the result? I think even ESS had taken Tata Sky to court. Initially ESS got stay order but eventually TS got to do whatever it wanted to do.

But someone let me know, what was the result? I think even ESS had taken Tata Sky to court. Initially ESS got stay order but eventually TS got to do whatever it wanted to do.

This is the same case. ESS channels were in base packs again for 4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.