• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 4,149

shahrukh12

Regulars
ISP
bsnl
Source: Televisionpoint.com

Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) has issued notice to Neo Sports on a petition filed by DTH operator Tata Sky seeking a stay over any possible disconnection of signals by the sports channel.

Admitting the petition, a TDSAT bench headed by Justice Kumar directed Neo Sports to file reply by September 23. Tata Sky, an 80:20 JV between Tata and Star, submitted that the disconnection notice by Neo was not valid as it gave under clause 4.3 of the Interconnect Regulation instead of clause 4.1, which deals with provisions of disconnection.

TDSAT noted that the disconnection notice was issued by Neo Sports on September 11, 2008, and still it has not completed 21 mandatory days, hence there was no need of any interim relief sought by Tata Sky.

Thanks for the news.. Hope they give verdict after India Australia series gets over 😀

wudnt ODI's be live? i think it wud be compulsory as its been played in India.

wudnt ODI's be live? i think it wud be compulsory as its been played in India.

Australia Touring India = 4 Test Matches (Live on Neo Cricket)

England Touring India= 7 ODI Matches(Live on Neo Cricket and DD National) 😀

and moreover DD's coverage..I mean.. commentary and the pic quality sucks..

As if Neo quality/commentry was goodAus tour to India doesnt have any ODI?

As if Neo quality/commentry was good

Aus tour to India doesnt have any ODI?

Neo's commentary is far better than that of DD's[hindi]

And yes indi aus series doent have any ODI only 4 tests

As if Neo quality/commentry was good

Aus tour to India doesnt have any ODI?

he he .. Nice reply 😀... Aus tour to India has only 4 Tests.. No ODIs. 7 ODIs will be played next year in India... 😀

btw, Neo quality is ok... this time commentary panel has some good commentators man... 🙂

Tata Sky moves Tdsat against Neo Sports over rates
18 September 2008

NEW DELHI: Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (Tdsat) has issued a notice to sports broadcaster Neo Sports dismissing the request of immediate disconnection of supply of its channels to direct-to-home operator Tata Sky.

The tribunal has further directed the sports broadcaster to file its reply by 23 September. Meanwhile, the broadcast tribunal has asked Tata Sky to file a rejoinder by 29 September.

Tata Sky has moved against sports broadcaster Neo Sports in order to seek its channels as per the rates stipulated in the revised reference-interconnect-offer (RIO) by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India on 1 March, 2008.

In the petition, the counsel for Tata Sky argued that it has made payment of Rs 8 million till August 2008 on the basis of the amended RIO as per which the subscription charge for the channel is Rs. 19.35.

Tata Sky has further challenged certain clauses mentioned in the RIO.

While the counsel for Neo Sports argued that since the DTH operator has not signed the RIO it should pay the subscription charges as per the old agreement signed by both parties. According to the old agreement, Tata Sky is supposed to pay Rs 32.3 million without interest and Rs 36 million with interest as of 15 September.

In its petition, Tata Sky has also alleged that Neo Sports has not given any direct notice to the DTH operator for disconnecting the signals of its channels.

However, Neo Sports argued that it had issued a public notice dated 12 September in The Indian Express for disconnecting the signals of its channels.

The case has been listed for hearing on 1 October.

Indiantelevision.com's > Digital Edge > Tata Sky moves Tdsat against Neo Sports over rates

and moreover DD's coverage..I mean.. commentary and the pic quality sucks..
Some thing is better than nothing:thumbsup:

I don't understand the fight..What is Tata Sky trying to achieve from this?? Wasting money i'd say!Ps: Aamir khan took Rs. 6 crores for the TataSky ad.. What the... U could have given everyone some free subscription 🙂

6 crore!? just for 1 ad or for some 1-2 yr contract?

he usually has a year long contract for that price. he also of course is already in a deal with tata (titan watches).just hoping that he might not be used to advertise for the Nano.oi ineee choteee see gaddi?!