• Thread starter Thread starter KRISHNAACT
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3,615

KRISHNAACT

Regular
ISP
bsnl
tdsat today dismissed azhagiri's petition to order sun tv to give their feed to RCV.... The judge also condemed RCV for pressurising the tribunal and ordered them to apply as per rules....

Hai man, can you post some proofs for this. Anyway this is a great news for SUN DTH .

Chennai, June 14 (IANS) The row between the Karunanidhi family and their close relatives the Marans over Tamil Nadu’s lucrative cable television services market took a new turn Saturday. Days after Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi’s son M.K. Azhagiri prevented the Maran brothers from meeting the 84-year-old patriarch on his birthday, the ball is now in the Maran’s court with the Telephone Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) Saturday asking Azhagiri’s Royal Cable Vision (RCV) to reveal its subscriber base.

Azhagiri, Karunanidhi’s Madurai-based son, set up his Royal Cable Vision, a multi-service cable TV operating service (MSO), in April hoping to provide cable TV service in the southern districts of Madurai, Theni, Ramanathapuram, Sivaganga, Dindigul, Tirunelveli, Kanyakumari, Thoothukudi and a few other districts in Tamil Nadu.

Cable service in these districts have so far been provided by Sumangali Cable Vision (SCV), the MSO wing of the Sun Network, a television channels and services group owned by Kalanadhi Maran and Dayanidhi Maran, Karunanidhi’s grand nephews.

DMK watchers see the setting up of RCV as a direct fallout of the political and business rivalry between Azhagiri and the Marans since May 2007, with Azhagiri hoping to hurt the business interests of the Marans through RCV.

Azhagiri and the Marans have been on the warpath since May last year, when a Tamil daily newspaper owned by the Sun group, Dinakaran, published a survey whose results declared that 70 percent of the people of Tamil Nadu favoured Karunanidhi’s younger son M.K. Stalin as his likely successor and only two percent favoured Stalin’s elder brother Azhagiri.

This triggered anger among Azhagiri’s supporters, who burnt down the office of Dinakaran in Madurai, causing the death of three employees and injuries to several others. Dayanidhi Maran was dropped from the Manmohan Singh cabinet subsequently under DMK pressure.

Last Thursday, Azhagiri complained to the local media that the Sun Network (owned by the Marans) had refused to give RCV its bouquet of 14 pay channels.

Azhagiri and his son M.K.A.D. Dayanidhi, who is the managing director of RCV, took their complaints this week to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI). They argued that TRAI “interconnectivity regulations stipulated for every broadcaster to provide on request, signals of its TV channels on a non-discriminatory basis”.

RCV complained that Channel Plus-TN, a unit of Sun TV network, had been refusing to provide decoder boxes for all the Tamil channels on its network.

SCV in turn pointed out that RCV had not given Sun Network the number of its subscribers and cable operators “which is a pre-condition for giving signals”.

It alleged RCV had attempted to cut out Sun network’s regional channels from its transmission bouquets, but public demand for the Sun channels had made it seek signals from the Maran’s Sun Network group.

Telecommunications Minister, A Raja of the DMK, is now said to have instructed TDSAT to hear RCV’s petition under the Free Airway Policy.

TDSAT judge and chairman Arunkumar Saturday directed Royal Cable Vision to file details about its subscribers.

RCV counsel K.K. Mani urged TDSAT to direct Sun Network to provide their signals immediately. Sun Network’s counsel Sarabjit pointed out that RCV was too new an enterprise and “the law stipulates that a minimum of three months is necessary to provide the signal”.

Arunkumar then posted the case for further hearing in July. All eyes are now on Azhagiri to see if RCV reveals its subscriber base to the rival SCV’s Sun group.

Source : Cable war between Karunanidhi’s son and nephews hots up - Thaindian News

Only in Chennai Sun Tamil channels are FTA, but in other
places in Tamil Nadu it is Pay Channel, I think. Where CAS is not implemented.
Mostly cable operators charge flat Rs 150 to Rs 200 and provide all pay channels.
Now if SUNTV insists on Royal Cable , to provide their set top boxes ( now free for SUN cable network. Only Rs 400 + Rs 100 extra for all pay channels I am told ).

Firstly RCV should claim and that all Sun programs ( in four languages ) are FTA ! in Tamil Nadu !

Welcome To Sun Network

I think marans should resolve their problems with karunanidhi and azhagiri.else ,it is near impossible to survive in tn ,where ruling parties are like monarchs who can attack anyone,kill loot and anything(jayalalitha or anyone!).first stop this Dravida parties who are using innocent tamilians showing the caste,region card. 😛also ,stop the bloody violent nature of ppl south of madura(trinalveli,palayamkoota especially and nagarkovil too).use government force to stop this violence.

No Prakash, I totally disagree you. Violence is in place throughout tamilnadu not especially in Triunelveli and NGL. Here also some violence is there most of them related to love issues between castes. But roudiyism is less when compared to other areas. But i agree you that govt should stop violence in any form. The reason is here, there is less oppurtunity to get a job . So that why Murasoli maran planned the first tech park here. All forget that.

hello prakash.. I think you can better concentrate on issues relating to kerala..where lot political killings happen (rss and communist) .. if ur people so un happy abt situation here .. why they are migrating to cities like chennai.. It is not only dravidian parties who use caste.. every party in this country issue tickets only based on caste and money..So look into your back before attacking.. i already countered u in another topic relating to dubbed programs..:wall:

Dear member,

hello prakash.. I think you can better concentrate on issues relating to kerala..where lot political killings happen (rss and communist) .. if ur people so un happy abt situation here .. why they are migrating to cities like chennai.. It is not only dravidian parties who use caste.. every party in this country issue tickets only based on caste and money..So look into your back before attacking.. i already countered u in another topic relating to dubbed programs..:wall:

Please do not make personal comments / attacks on any other member.

Please do not suggest to others what they should ONLY talk. Everyone is having a right to talk about their opinions - in a civilized way.

Your attack on prakash is unwarranted. Your reply essentially meant, "It happens also in Kerala. So, this is OK". With this reply, You are confirming what Prakash has written.

Actually, Prakash can reply to you with your own words (Look into your back before attacking..). So, Please be civilized and logical.

regards

Jay

I never want to attack him personally .. but in every thread he starts speaking about Tamils and even portraying them as third class.. As if he is from some other world.. he is also from same country with same qualities we have.. Look at thread to see who has started first to write like this.... Then say who has look his back before arguing like this..

Dear friend,

I never want to attack him personally .. but in every thread he starts speaking about Tamils and even portraying them as third class.. As if he is from some other world.. he is also from same country with same qualities we have.. Look at thread to see who has started first to write like this.... Then say who has look his back before arguing like this..

I respect your feelings. But, You are still in error, I think. If what you are saying is correct, then, Why did you ask him to "concentrate on Kerala" - Is it in your opinion, If he talks about kerala that is okay, but if he talks about tamilians that is NOT okay. This is incorrect.

He is from which country, which quality etc - I don't care. My only request to you is to see what ISSUES are being discussed and reply, and don't bother about WHO is making the comment.

Hope you understand, friend.

Jay