TATASKY VS VIDEOCON - Help Me...

• Thread starter Thread starter anandkukade
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 16,962

anandkukade

ISP
BSNL
HELP HELP HELP !!!!!We are shifting from our existing home to our new home which is a housing society having Videocon Common Antenna Service. Right now I have Tata Sky (Standard) which may be not usable. I came to know that I will be offered price of new STB as well as channel packages at low cost. Pl. help me to take a right decision in terms of cost & picture quality on below issues.1) How is Videocon DTH quality compare to TATA sky2) Is there any price difference between channel packages / number of channels3) If I switch to Videocon, then what should I do with my existing TataSky4) Is there any other issues (good or bad) with Common Antenna Service?(Pl. note that I am not a hardcore TV addict and I used to watch only 1-2 hrs a day which contains mainly some Marathi channels / News / English Movies / Music Channels / Nat-Discovery channels)I will be thankful if I get better reply.

Go for D2H currently the cheapest DTH around with many more channels than TS, pq u wont find much diff.

I think TS is best DTH in India, They have transpoder space problem thats why they are not able to add new channels. once the satellite GSAT 10 is launched they will give more channels than anybody else. PQ of TS is surely much much better than d2h.

having used both i would say service and Picture quality of TS & D2h is on par. D2H is way ahead in terms of value for money pricing.if you are looking for south Indian channels then forget TS and get D2h.

I think TS is best DTH in India, They have transpoder space problem thats why they are not able to add new channels. once the satellite GSAT 10 is launched they will give more channels than anybody else. PQ of TS is surely much much better than d2h.

For the past 2 days i have been comparing the channel packaging price....OMG if i was with d2H i would be saving a min of Rs. 1500 per year and get more channels...i made a mistake last August in opting for TS HD+....

from what i remember back in august last year, videocon was not so great wrt hd channels. and in a couple of months other dth service providers might offer a better deal than videocon. it's what available right now that matters. you cannot compare the offerings of today with offerings one year ago!

And I read somewhere that TS is expected to bounce back with some satellite launch or something later this year, plus Videocon DVRs are a little hard to find.
My suggestion stick around with TS atleast till year-end.

- - - Updated - - -

And agree with Admin, today D2H is best, TS was probably the best when you got that. So, wait & watch , I would say.

May be i could wait and watch till diwali or year end...but the problem with TS is that package pricing...If i was with D2H i would be easily saving Rs. 1500 per year...

Yeah, but the problems I see are - a) Availability of HD DVR - Not able to get it in Chennai , neither online b)TS just might overtake D2H in channels if that is a factorSo, keep that in mind before you jump over.

Unless and until i get the box in hand i woudnt change my connection...more over from August last week i am not going to renew my MEga HD pack with Sun channels rather i would go for south sports monthly pack along with ESPN, Tensports, HD Pack and Eng movies pack with TS from September....

. Videocn DTH and customer Care is best ever,Also HD Quality and no. of channels are far better than Tata Sky .The Poorest HD provider is Dish HD. This is after 7 + months experience in these DTH providers .I have 42 inch LG 3D LED TV .I experienced all the DTH ,But Videocon is best ever .This is per expnce. :nonchalance: Rank -Videocon HD DTh -01 ,Tata Sky -04 ,Airtel- 05,Hathway-06,sun-07,Dish tru HD- 10 ............Still tata sky required more effort to reach Videocon DTH Quality and channels ..

Pritesh said:
. Videocn DTH and customer Care is best ever,Also HD Quality and no. of channels are far better than Tata Sky .The Poorest HD provider is Dish HD. This is after 7 + months experience in these DTH providers .I have 42 inch LG 3D LED TV .I experienced all the DTH ,But Videocon is best ever .This is per expnce. :nonchalance: Rank -Videocon HD DTh -01 ,Tata Sky -04 ,Airtel- 05,Hathway-06,sun-07,Dish tru HD- 10 ............Still tata sky required more effort to reach Videocon DTH Quality and channels ..
He seems so much interested in that poor dabba , and model of tv has changed in 2nd post and rates dishhd as lowest...... 😛

Videocon website says - HDD sound for HD channels. Do they provide 5.1 dolby or not? It's a deal breaker for me.
Tata Sky does give 5.1 Dolby in all HD channels( if the channels provides)

do dear ,its tru .TV model is same what i am using it is LG 42LA6620, FULL HD,3d, wifi in-build and internal recording with 4 "3D "glass. I am expericning thereser maza in in TV with HD and channel no. 999 which is in 3D