• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,800

popcorn

ISP
Some company Broadband 50mbps + Jio Airfiber 30mbps
I am planning to buy Tata Sky+ HD.
I have TataSky Standard box right now on 42inch LCD. The picture does not pixelate.
Now should I buy TataSky+HD?
[*]Will the picture quality of Standard channels like Sony, SAB be same on TataSky+ HD like it is on TataSky Standard box?
[*]Will the 7 HD channels only be seen with better clearity? or other standard will be little better also?
[/list]The tatasky guy told me that even the standard channels like sony , sab will look better on tatasky + HD. Is it true? He also said I will get free installation and 300 off on my existing standard box in exchange.

SD will channels will look marginallybetter on TS+.

If you are not particular about recording, you might go for the regular TS HD STB, for 2599, on which installation is free (duh! it is the same damn line), and you get a 500 credit into your account. I would however, recommend the TS+ HD as recording is a nice convenience to have.

Yes its just Rs. 1400 extra where you get 500GB hdd(not sure) and other recording benefits ! and Rs. 300 credit in lieu of old TS box & free installation worth 500.

mee too +1 for recording... not just the recording part.. even the pause and play is so sensible...

For all existing subscribers - the 'free' installation thing is nothing but a gimmick. It doesn't take a genius to take the coax and put it into a different STB. I have heard most TS+ HD installations are being done with a splitter. If that's the case, that does require some talent, but not a 500 bucks one. TS is doing it only to give the customer a 'good feel', though they are not the only ones who indulge in these things. 300 for the SD STB even for customers who paid a hefty amount to get it, is ridiculous. I would rather take a new connection and sell the STB to the scrap dealer for 500

they now use splitter or use a separate wire from dish?the cc guy told there are two option. either use splitter or a wire comes from the dish.which method is better in terms of clearity?

which method is better for clear reception? i have ordered ts+hd and the engineer will call me in 2 days for installation. so have to make up my mind for the better option.

I am not sure, but what I read in our forum... Two wires serves the purpose of recording two channels....

so will go with 2 wire option rather than splitter. thanks for the help !

Who said splitter is not gud, I am using a splitter there is absolutely no difference if u use two wires or use a splitter in PQ.

Don't think too much dude. Get 2 wires 😀 As a customer, it is your right to get a satisfactory installation