Tatasky No Rent For 6 Months?

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 11,143
Just called them and confirmed its 6 months free for anyone who gets a new connection from today.... They don't have to pay any monthly charge for 6 months .... So it will save 1800rs.... Not a bad deal 🙂

Yes now we have some comparable rates as discussed here:

its still slightly more but seems worthy

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest waiting at least till the 2nd week of January if not the end of that month to see how the whole CAS thing plays out. Once you buy the STBs you are tied in to Tata Sky for a looooong time.

i think Tata Sky can not have different price within same city.because, not sure, but limited company can not offer differentprice for same service atleast in same city.

they can indeed have differential pricing for different cities. that would suck of course.

You can buy from the city where it is cheaper..... Like in Mumbai, it is cheaper to buy a laptop from just outside mumbai.

Set-top box got delivered last evening after the new offer was announced. I was going to get it a couple of days back with the first two months free but the sales guy told me to wait cuz he had heard rumours about them sweetening the deal...good on him. Meanwhile, our cable guy, who also happens to be a resident has turned his wife into a door-to-door saleswoman in an effort to sweettalk/emotionally blackmail all the ladies into taking CAS since she happens to be pally with a lot of them. She showed up yesterday and started to rattle off all the various schemes n stuff and when my mom didn't fall for it she's like "Aap mere saath jayengi ya un Tata Sky waalon ke saath" 😛

The article mentioned in Mumbai Mirror today stated that You'll need to pay Rs.2,999 for the set top box Rs.1,999 for the installation & stuff,lastly Rs.1,800 for six months rent.It also mentioned that this also includes 4 TV setup in your house for free.Now what the hell does that mean? Is it splitting the connection to give the same feed to rest of the televisions in the house or giving out separate set-top boxes for viewing & covering their 6 months rent too?

Its 2999 for stb+ 1000 for installation..... U will get 6 months of free viewing which will save u 1800Rs. (300x6)... For second television u have to buy a second STB..... Earlier it was 100 rs per month for addtional Tv set... Now they have waived tht so u have to pay for STB only... It don't say tht u get it for 4 TV setup .... It says u save 3600Rs.. if u get it for 4 televsions (1800+600+600+600)....