Tatasky Increasing Rates? :(

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 12,187
Rates of 400 for Tata Sky would be really discouraging.

Still fail to understand how CAS/DTH is for benefit of all consumers. Agreed that the technology is better with so called digital picture and stereo sound & some other features but for many of us, for me atleast, the present arrangement with the cable operator is good enough.

I pay 300 bucks to my Cable-wallah, run 3 TV's with the connection, get ALL channels available in India with above average quality. Which of the new technologies being introduced can offer the same package to me?

Even if i were to run a single TV (forget multiple TV's), subscribing to all channels with DTH and CAS would cost me above 300 maybe even 400 and i will have to invest in a Set top box as well.

Even for consumers for who have poor reception from the cable-wallah, a simple one time investment of rs. 1500 in a cable signal booster can dramatically improve the picture quality.

Really dont think a switch is needed for fancy features like player stats, camera angles etc..

forcing people to get STBs is a real bad idea. considering the existing remotes that come with tv sets would be rendered useless. am not sure what happens with tv sets which have pip and other cool features. 😛

Hey GuysHi iam also a Tata Sky subscriber & i dont feel that rising the price by 100 is not a good idea if they announce their pacages right now i.e. Rs 260 the basic package, 350 the gold & 550 the Premium then what can they add on the premium package as Sun tv will be included this month end & the Internatinal channels will be added lateron. If they announce the packages right now & increase their prices lateron would be much more troublesome. As dish TV is Planning to increse its current package price by 100 rs from jan07.so think which is better

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Dec 6 2006, 10:07 AM) [snapback]70373[/snapback]
forcing people to get STBs is a real bad idea. considering the existing remotes that come with tv sets would be rendered useless.

am not sure what happens with tv sets which have pip and other cool features. 😛
[/b]

You can rent the STB's right? Anyways... I have a TV with PIP and with one STB of Tata Sky it dosen't work. I really liked that feature. Anyone know how I can still use Picture-In-Picture with one STB of Tata Sky?

renting practically doubles the rental for CAS!and i really doubt u can use that pip feature. 😉 the stb would have to have that feature. stbs are awesome for old TVs which have like 30 channels and stuff.

DAMMIT! I really loved the PIP feature. Is there anywhere I can configure the STB to use it?

For using the PIP feature on the TV you would need 2 inputs from the STB since the tuner is in the STB. I don't think the current STBs support such advanced features like PIP. But I agree, the only thing I miss since getting rid of cable is the PIP feature.

Yeah. I hope they something slove the problem and let users use PIP. I really miss that feature. I tried PIP the other day but only got the same picture twice.

i think stbs would be required to have their own pip feature. that would mean that the stb would require multiple decoders. that would double the cost... not so sure but pip on stb could be an expensive deal...

DAMN! Then whats the point of having it in TV's nowdays since CAS also requires a STB so everyone will need a STB but no one will be able to use PIP?

^^^^Looks like u have been recently stung by Tata Sky's service.......i havent used it anytime, but all i can say is, just on comparison of it with other providers, i found it too costly. I mean if u want more channels, u have to shell out anything between 5.5-6k pa......So i have taken d2h - 3.2k pa - with its highest Diamond pack.....The only negative i saw in Dish TV was the Neo Channels' issue - was not there when i analysed, and have heard that it has been added as a package now, with premium rates......

^^^^
Looks like u have been recently stung by Tata Sky's service.......i havent used it anytime, but all i can say is, just on comparison of it with other providers, i found it too costly. I mean if u want more channels, u have to shell out anything between 5.5-6k pa......
So i have taken d2h - 3.2k pa - with its highest Diamond pack.....The only negative i saw in Dish TV was the Neo Channels' issue - was not there when i analysed, and have heard that it has been added as a package now, with premium rates......

Boss this thread is 4 Years OLD. What's wrong with you ???

@admin....I have been in some forums where posts in a year old thread is not allowed, can we have a similar feature like that in this forum so that such goof ups don'y happen

^^^^
Actually there was a post appearing above my post from a user named dthleader.

He had posted so much in all anti TS threads, that i just felt like posting in 1 thread......

Else why would i have an interest in going through so old threads??

As far as the age of threads is concerned - U r very much rite - i mean threads which have become old, and have no activity can be locked up for further posting!! 🙂