Tatasky hd plus hard disk failure

• Thread starter Thread starter kumararvind
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 31,291
Since last few weeks I am also facing the same problem. It doesn't occur all the time. But when it does, it's irritating because I have to restart the STB. And for the problem I've sent the error screen shots to help@tatasky.com
The reply I have got from the company is that this is the first time error they are facing. The CC told me that installer person wouldn't have any idea about it hence they are not setting up a service visit. They have forwarded the problem to IT department & it's under the observation as of now.

Guys, any solutions found?

No. I lodged an email complaint, got a call the very next day (5 days ago), usual exchange. The lady offered to get back soon, but nothing done yet. Will send another complaint. I believe they are not sure - whether it is hardware related or software related.

I'v also had this issue for some time now, the only apparent soluton was a 'Master Reset' - this still keeps all your recordings etc intact. Only the user based setting are gone
Turning Off / ON via remote or hard restart by disconneting from the wall socket wouldn't work for me 🙁
This is getting very irritating now 😛issed-off:

Master reset doesn't work. I too did it and was done by the service technician too during his visit. Only consolation is he didn't charge for the visit.

Well, it has worked pretty well for me till now, about 4 times now. Restarting or power off/ON from wall socket never worked for me.Power saving options are also always turned off on my stb

My problem comes after continous watching for at least 5-6 hours. A simple power reset fixes the issue. My take is that Tata Sky is moving towards mpeg4 Compression to get more channels and somehow this is causing this problem. Hoping their technical team is as efficient as their customer support guys.

My guess is that, this issue is not related to Video compression of broadcast. It could rather be particular HDD used in some STB (or may be used in all STB).
If many users would have reported this issue, it could have been big issue for Tata Sky. Has this issue reported elsewhere? If not, then surely it could be issue with hardware due to make of HDD used or circuit board used.

I guess it's some sort of software glitch happening to few users. My problem is also not solved yet. Service visits have been performed two times. First time for the master reset and the second time for the same & software upgrade.
The users who are still facing the problem should again file the complaint. I am filing the one tomorrow.

Guess I'll also start doing the same

kumararvind said:
I disabled auto standby and it has been working fine for me for quite some time.
I also disabled auto standby and power saving mode. After that I haven't faced the problem. Thanks.