Tatasky hd plus hard disk failure

• Thread starter Thread starter kumararvind
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 31,280
Try to reboot STB. If you are still getting this message, you may have to format HDD. I hope HDD is not corrupted.

Try disabling energy saving mode on the HDD (if this is possible) and see if you get this error. Could be a jumper setting or a software setting, not sure though...

I am also getting this message 'disk is powering up from energy saving mode. Please wait' for the past one week. When this message is on, it is impossible to record or view prerecorded channels. Only a hard power off from the main switch and restart cures this, but the problem recurs anytime, even after a day or two.
There is another problem, some channels (random) freeze for a second or two and then become normal. I noticed this initially when recorded programmes were viewed, but now it happens for live views too. With recorded programmes, if fast forward or fast backward is done for 2 or 3 seconds, even the frozen portion becomes normal. Suspect disk is defective. Will contact service soon.

^^^ Are you able to Pause/Rewind Live channels while watching? If yes, then reason for Video freeze could be your bad HDD (or bad signal).

tech_enthu said:
I am also getting this message 'disk is powering up from energy saving mode. Please wait' for the past one week. When this message is on, it is impossible to record or view prerecorded channels. Only a hard power off from the main switch and restart cures this, but the problem recurs anytime, even after a day or two.
There is another problem, some channels (random) freeze for a second or two and then become normal. I noticed this initially when recorded programmes were viewed, but now it happens for live views too. With recorded programmes, if fast forward or fast backward is done for 2 or 3 seconds, even the frozen portion becomes normal. Suspect disk is defective. Will contact service soon.
I have not faced this problem: getting this message 'disk is powering up from energy saving mode but when i am viewing recorded content on those channels which was migrated to MPEG compression more often the picture gets freezed and i press the rewind button once and press the play button then it comes normal.....

SVK said:
^^^ Are you able to Pause/Rewind Live channels while watching? If yes, then reason for Video freeze could be your bad HDD (or bad signal).
None of the buffering functions - pause, rewind, FF work once the 'energy save message' appears. The STB behaves like a standard one; only changing of channels, volume control, seeing channel list etc. work.
ajuravi007 said:
I have not faced this problem: getting this message 'disk is powering up from energy saving mode but when i am viewing recorded content on those channels which was migrated to MPEG compression more often the picture gets freezed and i press the rewind button once and press the play button then it comes normal.....
Have you contacted customer service for this? I face this problem on live channels as well as prerecorded channels. Not always, but often enough to irritate.

If Pause/Rewind is not working, that means HDD is not in action as it is in Power Off state. Still if you are facing Video Freeze issue, then it could be signal issue, or could be issue from uplink side.

If Pause/Rewind is not working, that means HDD is not in action as it is in Power Off state. Still if you are facing Video Freeze issue, then it could be signal issue, or could be issue from uplink side.
it keeps recording the current program which is set through series record but keeps showing the above msg. When hard booted after the program finished (didn't want to spoil the recording) the recorded program played back fine, so should not be a disc failure.

kumararvind said:
it keeps recording the current program which is set through series record but keeps showing the above msg. When hard booted after the program finished (didn't want to spoil the recording) the recorded program played back fine, so should not be a disc failure.
Sorry, that reply by me was for above post by tech_enthu, not for you (Admin had suggested not to use quote if replying above post :numbness: )
Your issue seems to be different, since your programme is getting recorded normally. May be you can try to factory reset STB, hopefully it doesnt erase HDD recorded content.

tech_enthu said:
I am facing the 100% exact same problem. But haven't noticed in live views yet. From my understanding it is not a HDD issue, it started from last software upgrade for me.

vjprakashbe said:
I am facing the 100% exact same problem. But haven't noticed in live views yet. From my understanding it is not a HDD issue, it started from last software upgrade for me.
Yes, it looks like this issue came from the s/w upgrade.
I am also facing this issue and every time I have to restart the STB. Even after changing the sleep settings it still persists.

I am also getting the same error from past few days. Restart is the only way it will function. I though my HDD is going down, but now it looks like a software bug. This come only after the STB is on for atleast a couple of hours.
Will check-back with customer care.

Two guys from TS turned up yesterday within two hours of lodging a complaint; saw the message 'disk restarting from energy saving mode', did normal checks - signal strength, master restart - and left without collecting site visit charges. Will report to higher ups.
I can create the problem by putting STB in standby mode (with remote) and restarting the stb after half an hour.