• Thread starter Thread starter VivR
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,784

VivR

searcher
ISP
Airtel, MTNL and Reliance
No quality comparisons here, just my thoughts on Dish recent introduction of TruHD+. BTW, i own TS HD+.

For a couple of weeks have been seeing ads in newspapers and on TV SRK promoting Dish's new upgrade in the market : TruHD+,

My thoughts :

- What Dish is introducing now, HD recording, TS has brought it at least a year ago (and Dish is advertising it as India's first HD recorder.... comm'on). Also with recently opened LAN port in TS HD boxes, it shows that TS is definitely ahead in feature introduction/upgrade 🙂

- How cleaver the company Dish is - what is actually their absolute shortcoming, they are cleverly showing it as an advantage. For the absence of any internal harddisk in their STB, they are excusing it for having an ability to make unlimited recording by plugging-in a USB. Comm'on man, if not 500 GB like Tata Sky, at least a 100 GB internal Hard disk daalnaa to banata tha. 🙂

- Now since Dish has brought HD recording and has an open USB port, should we expect TS too opening its USB port soon? I hope so. 🙂

One more intriguing claim is the programmes can be recorded and transferred to other devices; does it mean that royalty/ rights issues have been bypassed?

I am having Dish TruHD+ its totally vogus, dish tv fool customer he is claming having 40 HD chanal but only 6 original HD chanal giving rest are upscaled version picture quality is so bad so guys dnt go for Dish TruHD+

One more intriguing claim is the programmes can be recorded and transferred to other devices; does it mean that royalty/ rights issues have been bypassed?

The programmes indeed can be recorded and transferred to other STORAGE devices, but can only be played through DISH STB due to encryption & all. Therefore, no royalty/ rights issues have been bypassed afaik.

----------

I am having Dish TruHD+ its totally vogus, dish tv fool customer he is claming having 40 HD chanal but only 6 original HD chanal giving rest are upscaled version picture quality is so bad so guys dnt go for Dish TruHD+

40 HD channels 🙂

I do not know when the Indian companies will understand that consumers are not dumb any more; at least a good portion of population is young and educated and, thanks to internet, everything is available and spread within seconds across the masses.

I am happy that, unlike other STB providers, at least Tata Sky give a very true picture about which and how many HD channels they provide currently.

No quality comparisons here, just my thoughts on Dish recent introduction of TruHD+. BTW, i own TS HD+.

For a couple of weeks have been seeing ads in newspapers and on TV SRK promoting Dish's new upgrade in the market : TruHD+,

My thoughts :

- What Dish is introducing now, HD recording, TS has brought it at least a year ago (and Dish is advertising it as India's first HD recorder.... comm'on). Also with recently opened LAN port in TS HD boxes, it shows that TS is definitely ahead in feature introduction/upgrade 🙂

- How cleaver the company Dish is - what is actually their absolute shortcoming, they are cleverly showing it as an advantage. For the absence of any internal harddisk in their STB, they are excusing it for having an ability to make unlimited recording by plugging-in a USB. Comm'on man, if not 500 GB like Tata Sky, at least a 100 GB internal Hard disk daalnaa to banata tha. 🙂

- Now since Dish has brought HD recording and has an open USB port, should we expect TS too opening its USB port soon? I hope so. 🙂

what is the use of LAn Port in Tata Sky Box

Thanks. Messy for non techie watchers and households.

The programmes indeed can be recorded and transferred to other STORAGE devices, but can only be played through DISH STB due to encryption & all. Therefore, no royalty/ rights issues have been bypassed afaik.

----------

Future proof!!! I do not think it will ever be put to any use.

what is the use of LAn Port in Tata Sky Box