Tatasky Has Digital Surround Sound?

• Thread starter Thread starter waveking
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 6,256

waveking

ISP
Airtel Surf 749
Hi,I was watching the Tata Sky self demo channel on 998, and while telling about showcase, the ad says that it is in "digital surround sound". Can that really be true?? Is TataSky already beaming with surround sound? If yes, i think our stock receiver are not even equipped for it, as my receiver seems to have only a stereo output.

Thats exactly the joke my friend. When they said DVD quality pictures I thought that they will have a HDMI output. This is no High definition and definitely NOT DVD quality. At the max it can be SVCD quality. If you want good simulated surround sound you can try Bose cinemate or other such speaker systems. They are good.

I know that the DishTV has stereo audio which you can decode to surround. This is not for all the channels though. It covers all the englich movie channels.

Stereo sound output is what Tata Sky also gives. If what ravindra says is true, other channels may be having simulated stereo using the set-top box. A good amplifier or as I mentioned bose systems, do good job in creating a simulated surround sound environment with ordinary stereo input. Though it is no where close to the HDMI DVD player output that I get on the same system.The lies these guys tell in their ads is appalling. There must be some system which can take them to task and kick their... for showing false information.

With normal stereo sound, if you want to experience surround (rear channel with special & spatial effects and with NO dialogues) you need a Dolby Pro- Logic decoder. With SPDIF out, you can use any surround decoder to get surround.I hope that this helps. Yes, claims of DishTV and T-Sky are false. But then arn't most of us ignrent of most of this and careless too?Pay TV is all about content without ads. An we like stupid are taking all the crap and wasting our time on issues like logo in the corner.Just my thoughts to ponder.Regards,Ravindra.

Somebody should sue Tata Sky for promosing their channel 998 about "digital surround sound", when there is none 🙁

most of the channels have simulated stereo, and perhaps no channel has surround sound. if anyone has a 5.1 audio they can check by using audio out. some channels are now shifting to stereo mode as we saw on set max which has just started stereo broadcast.

If it is US, they would have been sued and paid big amount as penalty. We are not getting signals nowadays. They drop channels without intimating us. Sometimes there is no picture only. Without picture how can there be picture quality.:wall:

The surround sound what TS claims in their showcase package is simulated surround.... Its not your 5.1 or 3.1 ... just processed surround in Stereo ..... This is a similar experience to what some TV models have "With Surround sound ".... they are just processed / simulated stereo and cannot be compared to a dolby 5.1