TataSky DTH Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter qazranchi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 462
  • Views Views 103,564
QUOTE(qazranchi @ Aug 9 2006, 09:39 AM) [snapback]58062[/snapback]
news items says the STB costs Rs 4000 and www.tatasky.com press says Rs2999 ???????????????????
[/b]

it is 2999 stb and 1000 for installation charge

no international channels. i even think the HBO is missing at the moment.

I fail to understand why tata-sky is taking so long to get the entire range of channels on their platform. At the start they are offering just 55 channels. Surely when they made a deal with zee to give their channels to them the issue of tata-sky getting zee channels should have been settled as well but no.They should have sorted out these issues before the launch itself which would have given them a greater thrust in the DTH market.Right now Dish Tv clearly has an advantage over Tata-Sky simply due to the fact that they offer a wider range than tata-sky and i'm praying that tata-sky get all the channels on their platform soon so that i can make a decision, wether to opt for Dish or Tata-Sky.

QUOTE(qazranchi @ Aug 13 2006, 12:04 PM) [snapback]58399[/snapback]

Call This Toll free No-1901 425 6633 (BSNL/MTNL)

[/b]

Always Remember this not a toll free number.
Toll free no. starts from 180 not 190.
These type of numbers are rather charged at rate of mobile calls(1.2/min not 1.2/3min) 😱
and the callee(dish or Tata Sky in this case) recieves a fixed share of charge for every min(50p/min) of call.

I remember Dish tv also had same type of numbers(190) and at that time i was wondering how sucker they are, recieving money for providing support to its own customers. And seeing tatasky following it is just an idea of how mean these dish operators are (more than the neighbourhood cablewallahs).

Because this would led to an serious phone call bills for customer having continous problem with there product. 🙁 i hope it doesn't happen.

I find it really sad that my only sources of information about Tata Sky are this forum and the net in general. Which seems to suggest that the vast vast majority probably don't even know it exists.... How sad can their marketing be???

I hate TATA....they live in their own world.......look at Indicom Broadband...they charge high rates and provide poor service....similarly for their cdma service......and Idea cellular as well..........better stick to the other alternativesBtw, their site is now updated.Seems interesting particularly that Active Thingy.But Rs 200 for 55 channels seems a bit more.

tata practically operates like government machinery. and as for advertisement. i had say. it would be a suicide to promote something whcih they have not tested yet in the real market. my local dealer is yet to get his own Tata Sky unit activated.

Hey according to this site total monthly charge comes up at 200pm & there is nothing like * gmentioned near this . That means it turns to be cheaper than cabelwallah connection.

It's only for the first 4 months i think. And the pic of their recharge coupon has 550 printed in bold. I hope that's valid for 2 months coz am sure as hell not paying that much for the current bouquet of channels on offer.

EDIT: To summarize the whole thing.

TATA-SKY

Initial Cost

1. Set-top box - 2999
2. Installation plus Activation plus warranty charges - 1000
3. Subscription Fee - 200 (for the full set of 55 channels for the first four months)

For Additional TV's

1. Separate set-top box for each additional tv (upto 4) @ 2999 each (will use the same dish)
2. Choose a package as the primary subscription for any one television.
2. You'll get all the channels in the package selected on all televisions.
3. Fee (in addition to the monthly subscription) - Rs. 100/month

55 channels currently on offer. Zee should be available soon. (HBO is part of Sony's package but missing for the list for some reason)

DISH TV

Maxi Offer - 3490 (includes 3 months subscription to 125 channels, 300/month for the Maxi package thereafter), installation Rs 200 extra

*The Price is inclusive of set top box rental for 5 years, handling charges and all applicable taxes.

One STB can only service one TV at a time. (u can connect more than one tv to a STB with parallel wiring but you will be viewing the same channel at one time on both the televisions, so it's useless)

Tata Sky package contains - One Dish Antenna with 'SHARP' LNB, dish has good build quality..STB is Thomson DSI 3207C..which is not listed on thomson.net site, i think it is specially made for tata-sky..Viewing card is inserted from front panel, on card only Tata-sky logo with NDS name printed..Another thing receiver has CI module too, but it seems that company is not interested to show the module openning, hence it is located in back behind screwed plate.......Hidden slot....Now...speaks about reception....Faaaaaantasticcccc...better than DishTV...Picture quality is coollll,sound are realastic...and one more thing channel switching is faster ..instant...hmmmmmmsoftware is nice too but there no option for system setting STB Technical setting. All are preconfigured, i'm sorry but there is no selection for other satellites or freq. ... this is not possible ...may be some functions are hidden and only starts with perfect key press combinations...like service code...pls buddies find that service codes...it will gives access to penetrates deep into the technology of Digital world..In couple of cities the dealers dont have any eqpt. They all tell things will be available 2-3 months. It appears the launch has been done in hurry. I HAVE 3 BROUCHERS OF TATASKY CAN MAIL THEM IF ANYONE DESIRES.As on date it appears the STB's r having some sort of hardware or software lock. So no TATASKY on DISH and NO DISH on TATASKY till Govt. gives some FIRM ruling on this subjectAlso like DishTV they are providing composite and RF out. How do they claim consumers to enjoy DVD quality Audio video without Component out for Video and Co-axial or Optical out for Audio? 🙂 😀 🙂

QUOTE(gavnitsingh @ Aug 15 2006, 10:13 PM) [snapback]58667[/snapback]
I think wait for mtnl & airtel iptv is worth for.
[/b]
but when will it start

QUOTE(qazranchi @ Aug 15 2006, 09:21 PM) [snapback]58652[/snapback]

In couple of cities the dealers dont have any eqpt. They all tell things will be available 2-3 months. It appears the launch has been done in hurry.

🙂 😀 🙂
[/b]

i live in lucknow but there are no dealer to be seen
can someone inform me abt when will i get to see tata or whether i
should i take dish