TataSky Broadband Review - Bangalore

• Thread starter Thread starter dexthrilok
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 7,332
ISP
TataSky
Recently got a Tata Sky Broadband 100mbps near Hebbal Kempapura in Bangalore. I have been using it for 3+ months and so far the service is good. Installation happened within 24 hours.
OFC is underground + overhead, I have the main underground 20~ pair cable coming to my home overhead connected to the distribution box inside the residence and has a provision for output to another pole behind my residence. This main cable comes from a pole pulled from the underground tunnel. My residence currently acting as a transit with just 1 connection 😉 they have made some huge investments near my area. Airtel is still running on copper, willing to offer V-fiber with a 40mbps plan (Quite not sure if it will achieve 40mbps).

These are my Speedtest results for international servers. Singapore, Berlin, Seattle, Sydney, Japan.

Ping to AWS region: Cloudping.info,

Optical Module Status they have provided a Nokia dual-band router.

Sometimes speed test results outside India are not consistent, pings remain in the same range. Customer Service and the entire backend is located in Mumbai? This CS could have been better. They do communicate well before if there is any maintenance going on over text messages. The internal escalation process is very good, but CS could have been better.

The only issue I am facing currently is watch.tatasky.com, I only stream Man vs Wild here, it detects saying I am using proxy / VPN on Tata Sky broadband, works well with airtel 4g.

Impressive speeds to the various locations!

Holy mother of lord. That optical signal is so clean. My Airtel LCO connection is getting worse and worse (that isn't affecting performance). I started with -19 and now its almost -25. He is greatly overselling connection and boasting daily about it.

Its good to know that they are putting the cable underground there. I have a 200Mbps connection and going good since last 5 months. Customer support is quick. Overall a very positive experience for me.

They fixed my Proxy / VPN issue on watch.Tata Sky.com.

I was wondering if TataSky is part of Tata Tele? Tata Tele claims to have 1,35,000 km of OFC, not sure if they have sold it to airtel. If they do have that OFC infrastructure, they can make a good use of it by providing BB and NLD service across India. Considering the fact they don't have a wireless business anymore, it's a huge OFC network just for Broadband service.

Also assuming by default they connect to Tata Communications, Tier 1 ISP. I haven't tested this.

Does Tata Sky throttle torrent speeds ?
Also Can you pay tatasky broadband bill using Google Pay app ?
I could only Tata Tele as a provider in broadband, and not tatasky broadband !
Can you try putting your landline id, on Gpay then selecting tatatele, and check whether the app, retrieves your account details to pay bill or not ?