Tata's dynamic IP ... will torrent work?

• Thread starter Thread starter saiko
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,462
Status
Not open for further replies.

saiko

ISP
airtel
I am planning to take Tataindicom Broadband connection,
It's my last resort as BSNL is taking 3-4 moth to give new bradband connection and Airtel is not giving any new connection because of some 'technical issues'.

I am planning to go for prepaid connection, and planning to choose a 265kbps unlimited package.

but the technician said that all prepaid connection would have dynamic IP, only the post paid connection would have static IP.

now could you guys please tell me what are the are the disadvantage/advantage of dynamic IP compared to static IP?

is it possible to use torrent with dynamic IP?

here are the plans I am planning to choose from, If you have any suggestion please suggest.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5859/tatapv1.jpg

one more thing, how much actual speed could I expect from this 256 kbps connection ?
will it be enough for voice chat (with webcam)?

yes,its possible to use torrents with dynamic ip..Realistically,you can expect 28-34KBps.256k is more than enough for voice chat,although keep in mind that motion in video part,wont be smooth,but good enough.There are two more things that i wish to say..Last week i heard they are introducing a new offer for time based plans.The offer was if u pay Rs 99 extra a month,you will get 9 to 9 free,keep in mind time based plans have 2Mbps speed.I think thats a cracker deal if implemented..The second thing,As u might have noticed ,there is a huge amount of problems with CC that tata users experience.There are a huge amont of threads here (Users Mostly the upper part of india).Personally,I have used it for nearly 2 years and im satisfied.So if you have any buddies in your neighborhood,I recommend that you ask them the feedback before you commit.

thanks leomax ! 🙂do you have any idea when are they going to implement that new plan?are u based in bangalore ? it would be great to know someone is happy in bangalore with tata indicom for 2 years as many of the threads are quite discouraging !

As i know,within a week or two,call the CC and see if u can get anymore info..Im from south itself but not from b'lore ..

well i have been usnig tata for abt 4 months now.... i am pretty satisfied with the connection....your torrents will work perfectly fine with a dynamic ip...also try n get a router based connection...and as for CC get the local engginer in the loop and u'll never have to contact the CC!

Status
Not open for further replies.