Tata Teleservices selects Nokia Siemens Networks for 3G

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 10,300
Status
Not open for further replies.
that , what i fear , giving contract to western vendor may increase 3G related service price too high,

haha. Nokia siemens networks is actually one of the less popular companies. they are not the best quality hardware provider from what i have heard. they are known to be mediocre at best.

Very well dear admmins, whoever told you about them is really messed up with them,

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

My concern is that , western is more expensive than chinees , , Gov ban chiness

Now ban is lifted , and chiness are ready to give their source code too,

I hope all other gsm(3g wcdma) CDMA (evdo) operator will look towards chiness , because they are cheap , and quality wise on par with them

haha. Nokia siemens networks is actually one of the less popular companies. they are not the best quality hardware provider from what i have heard. they are known to be mediocre at best.
Nokia Siemens Networks is actually the second largest telecommunication equipments maker in the world behind Ericsson. NSN is about to acquire Motorola's wireless network infrastructure assets for $1.2 B in cash. They also have one of their largest R&D center in Bengaluru.

i did not say they are a small player. i just said that they are not known to provide the best quality stuff when it comes to networking equipments. 🙂

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

and no matter what company you go for, the hardware would probably still be manufactured in china.

who manufactures anything in USA or Europe? the workforce is so freaking expensive. everything is manufactured in countries like China or Taiwan. Esp electronics.

some folks on this forum might have routers/modems made by NSN... feel free to check where they are manufactured!

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Its major manufacturing sites are in China, Finland, Germany, Poland and India.

Nokia Siemens Networks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i guess the main question is...is the government fine with equipment that was manufactured in china for a european company when they are not fine with chinese equipments from chinese companies!

that why i tell , the western are charged premium for their product either made in Europe or in china

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

Everybody wanna make profit , so Apple is,

---------- Post added at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

i do no know what happen in Gov mind , but know they feel very light and allowed china vendor, but in case of western , they still need to workout with Gov , and little hope to them too , PMO asked Dot to continue with older procedure , until a new and safe measure come

Status
Not open for further replies.