• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,260
Status
Not open for further replies.

arnabsen

ISP
none
Hi friends,This is Arnab - am a UNIX admin in an MNC in Bangalore. After my marriage (6 months back)i had to shift to a bigger house and unfortunately after i settled down i found NO other connection other than TATA (just a side note - that is exactly what TATA targets - providing connections at places where users dont have an alternative). I need to have Internet 24/7 for my work as i am oncalls sometime. I took the 2Mbps 5 GB limit - after 27 phone calls the cables were installed. I didnt know what i was stepping into. The person showed me the speed was more than 1.6 Mbps - wow i was so happy at that point of timeNext week the speed went down to 12kbps - that is in the month of June 07 and it has remained till 12kbps till the time the connection was active. I called the customer care 100+ times in a span of 3 months and NO response - everytime the CC people told me "they will get back to you within 1/2 hr"I could still live with that as i could still get my work done. In the month of August from 8th till 14th, i started seeing huuuuge downloads on my accountI called the CC immediately and told them about it. As usual no actions had been taken - the logs showed i downloaded 2+ GB of data everyday - imagine - at a speed of 12kbps, when i was NOT at my home, TATA claims i download 2-3 GB data everyday? Also the downloads were at the time when i was not at home (i was in office) or after midnight. i thought the connection got hacked - but then the sales rep told me its bound to my MAC id. Also it was not a case of hacking becase with that speed it was not possible to download 2-4 GB within a span of 11 Hrs. They sent me a bill of 18500 and made my connection inactive. In short:From 14th august till yesterday i have made 100+ calls and everyone told someone will come to your house and check it - the connection is still inactive, i have a pending bill of 18500, no one has got time to come to my house to check it for the last 62 daysOn 3rd of October, 2007 - someone called me from TATA and said and i quote "i suggest you pay the bill or we will have to make you pay"I called up the customer care again and went to the VSNL office travelling for 15 Kms and spoke to a lady who called the number back (from where the threatning call came) but the person acted as if he never even called meOct 23rd Oct, 2007 at around 4:00 went to TATA office in Jeevan Bhima nagar and spoke to a person there who said it has to be a backend problem and the TATA fellows started laughing listening to my bill amount (lol imagine)Also i found that they automatically activated the connection and raised my bill to 19799. gosh!On 23rd Oct 2007 i went to TATA office in Woods Street, Bangalore at 5:15 - but the office was empty - everyone already left for home (on a tuesday by 5 the manager left - no wonder their service is superb)I called the Manager on 24th oct,2007 (today) and asked if he can check the server logs and let me know whats going on - he said he does not know all those things - all he knows is the bill came to 19799 and i have to pay that. Also he assured that he will take out that extra 1200 that they added "by mistake" (another false commitment)We are forming a group against TATA and going to put them up in court for all this - please mail me if possible and lets start the revolutionINDIA NEEDS TO IMPROVE - NO LONGER WILL WE TOLERATE THESE HARRASMENT AND INSIGNIFICANT LIESDO NOT TAKE TATA - its a nightmare - i m now getting THREATNING CALLS FROM TATA to pay 18500 which i have not used. I have been to VSNL office in bangalore too still no actions has been takenWe are forming a group against TATA and going to put them up in court for all this - please mail me if possible and lets start the revolutionINDIA NEEDS TO IMPROVE - NO LONGER WILL WE TOLERATE THESE HARRASMENT AND INSIGNIFICANT LIESMail me at sen.arnab@gmail - i can also pass you my number if needed

read ajoyericlal's post on this forum. he is already filing case and if u have all records with u abt calls u made then he might refer ur case to CNN-IBN

Tata Indicom should return their ISO certifications (if they did manage to get them done). It is hard to believe that such things can go on unchecked in a good organisation. Seems that they don't pay good salaries or they don't appreciate quality. As the saying goes - if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.They should have tried such stunts with Ratan Tata - given him an unreliable Tata Indicom internet connection during the Corus acquisition negotiations. That would have been fun. They could always call it an 'aberration'.

Your experience is even worse then ajoyericlal's u should contact him via PM or mail .

someone should do a sting operation on these *******!

Status
Not open for further replies.