Tata sky vs Jio fiber in terms of torrents and gaming on PS4

• Thread starter Thread starter Code9988
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4,486
Yes. I will wait for the next iteration of their routers, and then will opt for something from Netgear with DumaOS. At that time only NetDuma R2 was using DumaOS 3.0, and I wanted that ASAP.
By the way, how has your gaming experience been using TSBB? Shoot first die first moments? On Jio my gaming experience has been horrible although the connect quality is good. On my LCO which using Tata Sky backbone, the experience is much better. May be lag compensation, only God and Activision know.

On JioFiber simply enabling UPNP gets me an open NAT in warzone and COD CW multiplayer.
How can I do this on my Jio Router? I have the blue one.

By the way, how has your gaming experience been using TSBB? Shoot first die first moments? On Jio my gaming experience has been horrible although the connect quality is good. On my LCO which using Tata Sky backbone, the experience is much better. May be lag compensation, only God and Activision know.
I am not on tsbb. Had jio fiber like more then a year(got it in 2019) and got airtel fiber in june. I would say due to some tweaking in xr500, i got very good gameplay on both jio and airtel. Right now, i am not playing cod because i got bored.

And also disable port forwarding and DMZ and only leave UPNP enabled. You will be able to see the list of ports that open if you hit the refresh button for UPNP. I confirmed with some other person that even FIFA gets open NAT using UPNP. However this applies when you connect PS4 directly to JIO router. If you have a second router connected to PS4 like JIO router -> your router-> PS4, then you have to do manual port forwarding on Jio router

I am not on tsbb. Had jio fiber like more then a year(got it in 2019) and got airtel fiber in june. I would say due to some tweaking in xr500, i got very good gameplay on both jio and airtel. Right now, i am not playing cod because i got bored.
What tweaks did you make when on JioFiber? Sliders to 70% ? And what was your primary wifi access point? XR500 or Jio ONT?

@Yatch The thing worked for me was i set the ping assist around the ping it searches for during matchmaking. For ex - if it searches for under 55 ms, i keep it at 52 or something like that. Primary wifi ap was xr500. I turned off the wifi on jio fiber ont.

Yeah, that was the #1 mistake I might have been making, using jio ONT as wifi access point and then connecting it to Netduma R2. I will try disabling jio wifi and use R2 as AP. Jio QOS seems to be the problem I suppose.
What was the congestion control setting on your XR500? any specific ports forwarded?
Also were you able to get Jio's ipv6 using XR500 on your other devices? And what about JioCall through XR500?

Congestion control and all the QoS stuff was disabled. No ports were forwarded because it ain't gonna work behind nat. Only upnp was enabled.

Was unable to get ipv6 on xr500 (applies to other routers too) because jio's ont only gives out one block of /64 prefix, so only wan interface of xr500 will get the ip, but lan interface will not get it.

I didn't use jiocall much but afair, it did work with xr500.

Thanks for the info. But as per forums in NetDuma the better settings should be to have bandwidth to 70%, putting your location in middle of ocean and setting desired ping (ping assist), Duma OS classified games enabled, PS4 in DMZ (and port forwarding on Jio modem), and resetting the upload and download distribution before starting to play.
Today I played with ONT Wifi disabled and had better hit detection, but will have to see for few more days.
I don't understand even with such a low player count, how Activision is able to match me against players with my exact KD ALL THE F*CKIN TIME. That's alien technology.