Tata Sky Upgraded From MP2 to MP4 Broadcast?

• Thread starter Thread starter mikesingh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 5,843
I have a Component Connection from Tata Sky HD to my TV and it always supported 1080i. However, from about one week back it started showing 576i on my TV.

In the TSHD user settings >> picture settings - it showed SD only - no matter what I do, it did not change to HD. But on HD settings it showed 1080i.
It seems we all have the same problem!! Looks like there's unfortunately no TS engineer who can sort out this problem!! Each one has his own theory!

I called up TS and the engineer came within 10 minutes of lodging the complaint. The engineer clearly said that they have STOPPED supporting HD on Component - I must move to HDMI.
Bullsh!t! What the heck is he talking about? Component video cables also carry HD signals up to 1080p!

Component cables are actually used by many professional HT installers in preference to HDMI because it's a more reliable connector. You would not see ANY difference between 1080i (or 720p) on component vs HDMI.

Note that Component is video only, so you will need to connect up audio as well (using either analog stereo (red/white) or optical .. depending on what your TV accepts.

Cheers! 🙂