TATA SKY relocation problem

• Thread starter Thread starter chashti
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 15,944
Do the telecom companies charge when you shift to other places? Address, home area, roaming status, local and std rates are affected. In this case only address is diffreent and there is no need to check installation (as there is none)

Dear All,
I have a query..
i have a fully working Tata Sky at my house in pune.. now iam gng to delhi for some time and the appartment where i'll be staying already have a tata sky setop box and antenna fully working condition except that acount is not recharged..
what i want to ask you all is if i take my set top box to delhi and remove the one already there will my tata sky work.
actually it should work if not what should be done...
hoping for a reply..
regards

Well, It should work. If it doesn't work by any chance, you ll have to recharge for the other Account i.e. other STB account. No other go. Else, you should make the Relocation Charges.

Yes, it should work.. In my case when i was relocated , the connection was deactivated as i was not using it for more than 6 months. Once i done with relocation, the engineer called to the tech team to re activate it. Though i recharged before i make a relocation request, the account was not activated. A call to cc is required for re activation. But as you say your connection is active, i guess it should work without any issues. Also i do not feel there is a tracking mechanism followed on to know where the STB is located?But i am not sure how far taking only the smart card and inserting into other STB will work. Anybody have an idea? does this work?

One smart card will not work on other STB. Both STB and Smart card number should be matched, then only the STB receives signal. 😗

yes i also suspect if taking the only smart card and inserting it in the other STB will work.But just replacing the STB with the other should work.iam gng to try and will let you know...thanks for the help..guysregards

One smart card will not work on other STB. Both STB and Smart card number should be matched, then only the STB receives signal. 😗

signal :hysterical: get out of your dream

dear All,Just for you information this is regarding my question asked if i can take my stb to soem other place where already Tata Sky antenna installed..i brought my tata sky stb from pune to delhi where the antenna was already installed by the stb was no re charged...so instead of recharging another stb i thought i might use my own which is in working condition...before leaving pune when i calledup tata sky customer care they said its not possible...so ignoring them i still brought the stb to delhi coz as per simple logic it should work...and guess what i just plugged in the antenna and it started working...!!but when i tried swapping the Digi card it gave a error saying stb and digi card mismatch....anyways who cares when my tata sky is working...without any hassles....thanks every for your support...regardsgurpal singh

Let me play the devil's advocate here, (and I am not justifying any shoddy service at all). Most of these CC reps are just young passouts or really poorly paid people. These chaps have to listen to abuse all day. I have worked as a CC in an IT company a very long time back so I know how stressful this job is 🙁

somehow after a two months thought, again i wanted to go for Tata Sky only due to the service.. i have compromised myself to remove the unwanted packages and stay with Super Saver for 260 RS.. as it does not make much difference than CAS in my area where i need to pay 210 for month.So.. again i gave a relocation request to TS.. but unfortunately i gave my dish and LNB last time to the old paper mart thinking even the new dish cost me 600.. which tata sky made a big change in the process and asking 1000 RS. That was the hold for two months to again go with Tatasky and package rates.But after reading the different section in the forum...thought no DTH in india is good and Cable TV in chennai is still more worst...So better stay with Tata sky for some more days with some nominal packs...I managed get a dish and LNB from my friend luckily as had a spare (do not know why .. but may be he is ' dish collector'., he has a dish of BIG TV/DD and DISH too). But installation guys were not so active.. but they managed install the connection in 1:15 min...But unfortunately i guess the alignment is not correct..I am getting Signal strength of 90 and Signal Quality of 85. My doubt , is this signal sufficient to get a uninterrupted service? How about in rainy season? Also my dish got installed near the Coconut tree? Will it affect the signal?earlier in my old house i had the signal Quality and strength as 100.. this reduction makes me think i did a mistake again by re activating tatasky.. as i need a change those people will ask for money again for small things...Please advise.. but as of now i do not see any interrupts in the picture...

I am getting Signal strength of 90 and Signal Quality of 85. My doubt , is this signal sufficient to get a uninterrupted service? How about in rainy season? Also my dish got installed near the Coconut tree? Will it affect the signal?

earlier in my old house i had the signal Quality and strength as 100.. this reduction makes me think i did a mistake again by re activating Tata Sky.. as i need a change those people will ask for money again for small things...

Please advise.. but as of now i do not see any interrupts in the picture...
As you are not seeing any interruptions, that means signal strength received is sufficient. Any signal strength received above 60-70 is sufficient for getting good Audio/Video. If you are getting 85-90 now, signal should drop very low in light rain conditions. For heavy rains, everybody lose signal for some time.