TATA SKY relocation problem

• Thread starter Thread starter chashti
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 15,952

chashti

ISP
air
Tata Sky should provide at least 2-3 times free installation of Dish during relocation within certain period of time like within 1 year.currently they are charging 600 Rs. ( previously it was Rs 1000). This is very expensive devise for some one who spend his life in rented house like me. Recently i shifted my house and i dismantled the dish and took it along with me. I tried fix it myself but not able to do so as it requires pinpoint precision.Even though at some point i got signal strength of 199 ( INSAT 4A-15 selected. INSAT 4A is located 83 degree east) but the quality indicator remained at 0.what will happen if i discontinue my subscription?( only few days left for recharge). Do they take back dish from me?I don't want to pay 600 RS for just fixing the dish. After that again i have to spend Rs 1000 for recharge.One of main the reason why i bought TATA SKY was that it can be taken any where ( within our country) so that i don't have to pay cable operator non refundable advance.But didn't knew that relocating charges are going to cost more than that) .I just want people know about the facts regarding TATA SKY so they should think well before going for it.Any pointers for fixing the dish are highly welcomed.yesterday i got success in fixing the dish at right position.I fixed it towards east at 83 degree by making slight adjustments.i had to take my TV to terrace to see the signal level.I fixed the dish to terrace wall with screws. although it took me good amount of time for fixing, finally i was able to get good enough signal.

I understand your problem but considering that you are always on the move , Tata Sky was never going to be a feasible option for you. I also disagree about tatasky providing free relocation. Positioning the dish and doing the wiring is not a matter of a few minutes. It requires expertise and time. The original price of 1000 Rs was stupid and that the revised one of 600 Rs is still a bit high and a figure of around 300 Rs sounds just about right. There is also an option of getting someone from the local electronics store who install DD Direct and getting the work done for less money but ti comes at a risk of your warranty getting void.

I think at least that dish should not cause any problems for some years.Only problem can occur with STB due to fluctuation in power or due to non functioning of some electronic components in that case within warranty period I can get service from them.

I Too Face Problem In Relocation. Recently I Have Relocated From Chennai To Bangalore And I Have Install The Dish It Is Working Fine. Now My Account Bal Shows Rs.-584/-. When I Checked With Cc They Told Me As Per Relocation Policy We Have Charges Rs.600/-.then I Argued With Them. Now I Need Ur Suggestion Guys. Its Urgent

We have to agree that installation by TS technician may require Rs 600, but if someone has done installation himself, is he still charged?

yes dear they have debited in my account. Myaccount bal show Rs.(-584). Hai guyz suggest me whether i should pay r not. If i dont pay wat will be happen?

Hey karthi, If you installed yourself why TS reduces the amt?.Plz tell it clear.They will charge only when the installation is done by a TS personnel.

what the hell is this man, you should pay only if you have called up for Tata Sky technician...if you have done it your self then no point of deducting money. they are just looting customers by giving reasons that we have policy like that...its very bad.Also please check out their policy statements on their wesite and see what it says. is their any clause like that if it is their why they have not told it at the time of purchase. That means they are just hiding fact with the customers, let the customer suffer with that.

Yes you are right.If you have installed it at your own risk,then why should they reduce your amt?.

yes neo ur correct. i have spent more than 1hrs for installation; now the alert mesg has send to me pay Rs.600/- 4 days still there for me for recharging. so total balance due Rs.576/-. Now common guyz tell me whether i have to pay this amount or disconnect ts

More importantly if you have relocated with in 1 year of your purchase I think its free of cost. Correct me if i am wrong in this because when i installed the dish for the first time the technician told me that if we relocate to other place with in a year he told me that TS wont charge any thing.

Just speak to CC and explain your point (that you did installation) and then ask for their explaination on charges

hi alli did relocation a couple of months back..but at that time i had cancelled ts connection due to sun channels was not available..i aligned the dish my self but since i had cancelled i didnot receive any signals.later when sun was added i called cc and told them to reactivate my accountand i told that i also relocated and they told they would send a tech to do that and charge will be 600rs .. but i told i have did that my self and wont require any tech to be sent.. and just asked them to reactivate the account..later after 2 days the account was reactivated and i was getting less signals and then i got a signal meter from my local dd dth guy and checked the signal for 80 % and alligned it according and then started viewing the channels.. no charge for me except that the warranty expires if we do the relocation.if they charge for u dont leave them take a ride and dont pay it .. but unless you pay they will stop the service. and you will be in trouble so argue and get the amount cancelled.

my due date is 25.11.2007. i have already forwarded the mail and i have spoken to cc. I have given two option whether you waive off me relocation charges or discconect my acc.

u wont get any replies to mails..ask cc to take complaint and rectify the issueor talk to supervisor of the cc