Tata Sky rebranding to Tata Play

• Thread starter Thread starter pillaicha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 9,107

What do you feel about the new name?

• Love it 👍🙃

• Meh😐... I never particularly liked Tata Sky but expected somethin more creative

• No way😲! Just leave it the way it is. Tata Play doesn't even make sense.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I guess it's beginning to dawn on them that they will soon go extinct, at least their DTH biz.

I really want the DTH tech to improve with 4k channel availablity because I prefer not to be totally reliant on wired internet based streaming.

Just curious if the 4k feasibility has anything to do with the GSAt satellite. Also more important is to have 4k content. I don't think any satellite based channel are offering 4k content.

I guess it's beginning to dawn on them that they will soon go extinct, at least their DTH biz.

I really want the DTH tech to improve with 4k channel availablity because I prefer not to be totally reliant on wired internet based streaming.
I think they still will have a ton of customers like villages.

I really want the DTH tech to improve with 4k channel availability because I prefer not to be totally reliant on wired internet based streaming.
Thats the same reason I have still hung on to Airtel DTH though I have a Jio Fiber connection I dont use the jio STB at all as I use the 100Mbps plan where the offer on the STB is BS. I still have not taken the OTT plunge. 😂

I got a call today from TataPlay offering me free replacement for my 4K set top box because it is going to be decommissioned soon.

4K isn’t economically viable on DTH. It is barely viable on OTT. But it’s certainly viable on IP Multicast and IP Broadcast. Maybe TATA and Airtel or even Jio would launch 4K content for their broadband customers exclusively with no cross-ISP support.

the app keeps me logging out frequently. so decided to switch to password for login rather than otp.
reseted my password only to be told that otp is the only way to login.

vJnK4M4.webp

Just looking at this new Tata Play™ stuff is making my head hurt, why all this weird obsession with streaming services?
It's like they are not even interested in selling DTH anymore... but rather their mobile app and subscriptions...

Worldwide DTH customers are declining. So stay in market, all operators would have to adapt the change, or they will vanish from market.
Even by DTH, providing live channels is like side business, main business is to sell their Active Services 😀