Tata Sky Plus in thane > mumbai

• Thread starter Thread starter a360
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,787

a360

ISP
MTNL
hi i want to buy Tata Sky plus for record my favorite program i currenly have SD 21" TV and planing to upgrade to 32" LED in diwali ...i search lot's dth service provider and come to comclusion to buy tata sky because Chanel availability + tata brand i have few question did tatasky service get still disturb in rain in city like mumbai ?how is there HD STB ?any better option available ? i m ready to spend extra money for good service ...thanks in advance

Reason for Opting Tata Sky is itself confusing. No Doubt its a very famous Brand having Good Customer Service, but TS has least number of Channel as compared to other DTH Operator. Secondly not only TS, but all DTH operators face blackout during rainfall.And for rest of the questions, someone using TS would be the rite person to answer it . 🙂

Okay... so I'm using Tata Sky from the past 5 years and would be the perfect candidate for a recommendation? 😛

Anyways, @OP. TataSky is solid at what they do. Please don't expect them to run 24/7 even on rains, it's a natural phenomenon and tends to happen with every other DTH player out there, like IndianMascot mentioned earlier.

Also, the qualify is mind-blowing from the first day itself. I recently upgraded to a 32" LED (a couple of months ago) and upgraded my TataSky to HD+ which lets me record anything and watch it later along with a free video on demand (most of the movies delivered are free unlike Showcase) and the quality is nothing to be criticized about.

As for the channels, they have the least-possible due to the way they're upper management and ISRO messed things up a couple of years ago. Don't expect any new channels soon. Though, changes are expected in the first half of 2012.

Since you're getting an LED TV, you'll most likely subscribe to their HD package. Which is awesome! You'll get all the HD channels currently available apart from ESPN HD, and a few others. This list is going to stay until unless a miracle happens. Decide yourself 🙂

Long time subscriber of Tata Sky here - since their year of launch. Channel count is easily the lowest, so if you are looking for more channels, Tata Sky is the wrong option. Regarding HD, Tata Sky is a slightly better optoin than the others primarily because you get an HD DVR for a better price than most others, though you might not need a DVR right now, it is a handy thing to have. Customer service is highly over-rated. A thing either works or doesn't. If it doesn't there really is nothing they can do apart from sending someone home and charging you 125 bucks per visit - irrespective of whether they manage to solve theissue

Check their website .. If they r showing all the channels u want then just take it .. Their service is good ..If not showing the channels u want then there r other providers too ..

Tata Sky has all the major channels you would watch most of the time and the highest number of HD channels. DVR also has 500GB capacity right now and good build quality. And you get good discounts on the megapack which is a 6 month or 1 year subscription package with all the channels of tata sky. Also rains will affect any dth service equally.

I have even gt the rumours that TS is planning for launch of 1TB DVR this month.