Tata(Sky package Price is better than DISH TV

• Thread starter Thread starter Kalyan_1980
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 14,125
No Point in staying with MPEG2 Operators.... Its High time to move to MPEG4, because of the growth of regional channels every year.So only MPEG4 people can try adding alomost all the channels, beacause of their capability. Can any one disagree this?:huh:

Agreed.. But not all the channels will be added though it is FTA.Moreover DTH operators should think to provide the aborad channels which are available in US/UK/Australia etc so that we can get know about a Global culture and also we can avoid seeing the boring Mega Serials.

2 kids channels,dont prove anything.
It means a lot for some even though we are not interested in those channel........

Today i checked Dish TV site for packages and i found that, DISH TV is bit costly than Tata Sky.

Eventhough, DISH TV seems cheaper. The package is costly. For example, if i need Star Vijay i need to go for Rs.262/- pack and if i need JETIX i need to go for Rs. 300 pack.

In Tata Sky i am getting Star Vijay, Cartoon Network🙂dance:Available in Tamil only in Tata SKy:dance🙂 and JETIX @ Rs.260/- only. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Good Findings keep it up:thumbsup:

No Point in staying with MPEG2 Operators.... Its High time to move to MPEG4, because of the growth of regional channels every year.
So only MPEG4 people can try adding alomost all the channels, beacause of their capability. Can any one disagree this?:huh:
I disagree! Capacity is decided by the number of transponders available. For e.g. TS has 12 transponders, while sun direct has 6; so both become equal as mpeg2 can accommodate 12 to 15 channels per transponder, while mpeg4 can fit 25 to 30 channels. Only TS has the max. number of transponders now, I think.

Tata Sky packages are worst in world. All the important channels like espn,star sports,star criket,etc and colors,9x,imagine,good times and others are not even in base how can you say tata sky is cheaper.but all other dth gives all this channels in base pack at lesser rate.

Yes Tata Sky packages are costly and don't have all the important channels in their base pack which makes their Package price more and put on extra burden of money on their consumers.

Tata Sky packages are worst ever.. as per the mail i got frm nodal officer, they are going to offer a new offering very soon.

Can u quote the mail here ? Plz

Here is the mail i got from TS Nodal Officer..

Dear Mr. Kajale,

The current packaging on Tata Sky is designed to offer you a mix of all genres entertainment, movies, news & knowledge, kids, music, regional at varying price points. The channels that are viewed only at the time of events like sports, are available separately. This gives you the flexibility of viewing & paying for them only when you want to.

However we appreciate the feedback that you want more choice based on your TV viewing habits. We are continuously working on our packaging to suit your requirements better & we hope to introduce an improved offering very soon.

There are teams working at a frenetic pace on this. May we urge you to be patient & request you to watch this space
Thank you once again for your feedback. We look forward to your continued patronage.

Yours sincerely,
Nodal Officer
[THREAD ID:1-3ACC05M]