How to order Tata Play DTH Online?

pranay91

Regular
ISP
ADSL
Okay guys,I live in Doha, Qatar.My Mom is in New Delhi for holidays I'm going to get her to bring back a Tata Sky STB.What I was planning:I am going to order the Connection online for 1999RS.Pay via my dad's Indian Credit card, and hopefully the STB Kit will be delivered this week. I am then going to ask my mother to call Tata Sky and schedule Installation. The guys will come hopefully within a few days and install the Tata Sky.My mom will just bring the STB and it's power & video cables to Qatar and we'll install another dish here.Now I just wanted to know, have any of you ordered your connection online? Did you encounter any problems? Is there any part of the process that I might face trouble in? The 1999RS includes STB, Installation and 1 month Super Saver Pack.I wanted to also add 3-4 add on packages. How will I do that? Will I just have to call TS after installation or can I also do that online. For online, I think we need a Suscriber ID? Who will give us that? Will the STB kit also include my suscriber ID or will the installation guy tell me my suscriber ID? And lastly, will the STB kit include installation vouchers (and my mom should just give those to the technician who comes to install?)?Sorry about ALL the question but I just didn't my mom to go through much trouble.Thanks

Okay guys,
I live in Doha, Qatar.
My Mom is in New Delhi for holidays I'm going to get her to bring back a Tata Sky STB.
What I was planning:
I am going to order the Connection online for 1999RS.
Pay via my dad's Indian Credit card, and hopefully the STB Kit will be delivered this week. I am then going to ask my mother to call Tata Sky and schedule Installation. The guys will come hopefully within a few days and install the Tata Sky.

My mom will just bring the STB and it's power & video cables to Qatar and we'll install another dish here.

Now I just wanted to know, have any of you ordered your connection online? Did you encounter any problems? Is there any part of the process that I might face trouble in?

The 1999RS includes STB, Installation and 1 month Super Saver Pack.
I wanted to also add 3-4 add on packages. How will I do that? Will I just have to call TS after installation or can I also do that online. For online, I think we need a Suscriber ID? Who will give us that?
Will the STB kit also include my suscriber ID or will the installation guy tell me my suscriber ID? And lastly, will the STB kit include installation vouchers (and my mom should just give those to the technician who comes to install?)?

Sorry about ALL the question but I just didn't my mom to go through much trouble.

Thanks

i did not order it online so not sure about tht but i suppose tht shldnt really be an issue. once u buy it, ull get ur subsciber id.it'll even be displayed under accnt info in the guide. after u get that, i suggest register online with ur id and ur preferred password on Tata Sky site. that will include everything, ur accnt balance, option to recharge, auto debit facility, itll maintain a record of ur past transactions and also an option to post any query which they will reply to within 24 hrs. voucher recharge can also be done online, or instead just get one from any dealer and call them. they guide u very well so ur mom wont have any issues.

I think Ajuravi can help you as he has the best selling knowledge and tactics.He has recently taken TS+ same way (as he says so).

Dish TV quality is lower.Big TV STB is rubbish.Airtel Signal not available in Middle East ( as of now).Only option: Tata Sky or Sun DTH, I want more sports channels, thus TS is better option.😀

If u want all sports channels then go for Sun direct.SD even has Zee sports.But main disadvantage with Sun direct is the pricing.If u want all sports channels then u have to spend 189:madness:😡😡:madness:

@Aju Pranay mentioned that he wants all sports channels.He doesnt mentioned that he wants all Hindi channels.I accept that in SD many Hindi channels r missing.

Go for SD only if you are a hardcore regional tv watcher. It is more oriented towards reginal channels like tamil pacakges , telugu packages etc..

@Aju

Pranay mentioned that he wants all sports channels.He doesnt mentioned that he wants all Hindi channels.I accept that in SD many Hindi channels r missing.

I think he is an hindi speaking guy and thats the reason i mentioned about that.......

By the way arun can you please tell me is the ESS channel price is reduced by SD and also tell me whats the price for Neo in SD........

Go for SD only if you are a hardcore regional tv watcher. It is more oriented towards reginal channels like tamil pacakges , telugu packages etc..
If some one is interested in going for DTH with Regional channels with Sports only then SD is best in my opinion with respect to their packs and cost......:thumb:

@Aju Still SD didnt reduced the price of ESS channels.Regarding Neo channels SD cost Rs.46 for both the channels. In SD website they mentioned that Channel price will be revised only from 1st June 2009. I have opened the thread in SD section.Now SD removed that line from their official website. Dont know when they r going to reduce it.

1 year or before that i thought when SD, Big TV and Airtel launch their service prices of the boquet or packages will be reduced but its happening in other as day by day channel prices are going high.......the only advantage at this point of time is that entry level for the DTH cost has reduced substantially..........

I think he is an hindi speaking guy and thats the reason i mentioned about that.......

By the way arun can you please tell me is the ESS channel price is reduced by SD and also tell me whats the price for Neo in SD........

If some one is interested in going for DTH with Regional channels with Sports only then SD is best in my opinion with respect to their packs and cost......:thumb:

that's correct, I am a Hindi speaking person, though I love sports, also Hindi channels are required. If i got SD most of the channels would be of no use to me because I do not understand other Indian languages.
Plus SD quality is not as good as TS. At least from what I have heard.

that's correct, I am a Hindi speaking person, though I love sports, also Hindi channels are required. If i got SD most of the channels would be of no use to me because I do not understand other Indian languages.
Plus SD quality is not as good as TS. At least from what I have heard.
If you are going with TS then you go for Super Saver PAck with LS gold pack (If required), ESS Channels, Tensports and Neo Channels (When in need)...........:thumbsup: